1.    #1  
    Today my battery died at work and I didnt have my charger handy. When i got back and plugged the phone in all that was on the screen was a large battery icon with a bolt in it (Also with some red in it). I called Sprint after the phone had been plugged in for 2 hours and they said it was a known bug and that the battery would have to been switched. I went to a Sprint store that had a battery in stock, pooped it in and now my Pre just loads the Palm logo then fizzles out and continues to repeat that process. Im so frustrated and not sure what to do as no Sprint stores in the area have any Pre's in stock for me to even attempt to exchange. I think I may just cancel this whole thing and get the
    iphone tomorrow ugh.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Mine did that the first day. After having it plugged into the charger for an hour or so, I popped out the battery and put it back in. Once it reset everything way fine.

Give it a shot.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    By the way, I want you to know I tried really hard not to make a joke about you pooping in your Pre.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    as long as the logo is fizzling, it's still booting. it takes almost 2 minutes (which seems like forever) for it to boot. give it time?

the battery dying and locking up the phone issue, though, is really annoying, and needs to be fixed ASAP.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
  5.    #5  
    Thanks grovvy - ive removed the battery a couple times - would you suggest i remove it and leave it out for a while? I midas well **** in it, sorry minor oversight on my part - i blame it on my frustrations with this pre
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty4444 View Post
    Thanks grovvy - ive removed the battery a couple times - would you suggest i remove it and leave it out for a while? I midas well **** in it, sorry minor oversight on my part - i blame it on my frustrations with this pre
    I would leave the charger in for a while so it gets a good charge before you take it out. I don't think it matters how long you have it out.

EDIT: I also waited for quite a while the first time it rest... seemed like two or three minutes but I wasn't timing it.
    first time my battery died.. i left it on USB charger for about an hour or so... then i plugged and unplugged the USB... nothing..

Pulled the battery and then it restarted with full charge!
    Today my battery died at work and I didnt have my charger handy. When i got back and plugged the phone in all that was on the screen was a large battery icon with a bolt in it (Also with some red in it). I called Sprint after the phone had been plugged in for 2 hours and they said it was a known bug and that the battery would have to been switched. I went to a Sprint store that had a battery in stock, pooped it in and now my Pre just loads the Palm logo then fizzles out and continues to repeat that process. Im so frustrated and not sure what to do as no Sprint stores in the area have any Pre's in stock for me to even attempt to exchange. I think I may just cancel this whole thing and get the
    iphone tomorrow ugh.
    Don't do that! Take your new battery (or the one that you ran dead) out of the phone, then after 10 or 20 seconds reinsert it, but do not try to turn the phone on yet. Charge the battery for at least 20 minutes (up to an hour) without trying to turn on or boot up the phone. After supplying a slight charge to the battery, then turn on and boot your Pre. Give it a couple of minutes to boot. Your Pre should come up with everything as it was before the battery ran dead.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks guys for your help unfortunately its still not working. I took the battery out for a 30 minutes and put it back in. Immediately (without me even push the power button) the Palm logo showed up and started to do the same thing. im lost now
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Thanks guys for your help unfortunately its still not working. I took the battery out for a 30 minutes and put it back in. Immediately (without me even push the power button) the Palm logo showed up and started to do the same thing. im lost now
    How long does the Palm logo keep flashing? Couldn't hurt to just let it keep going and see what happens.

Something may have corrupted by taking the battery out before it's done loading. I really don't know. But I'd suggest letting it keep going and go to bed. If you're going to return it anyway, you have nothing to lose.
  11.    #11  
    it flashes for about 3 seconds then sortta fizzles out. I went back to a sprint store today and they swapped the battery again and the phone seems fine now. dont let your battery run out!!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    it flashes for about 3 seconds then sortta fizzles out. I went back to a sprint store today and they swapped the battery again and the phone seems fine now. dont let your battery run out!!
    Glad you got it back up and running!
    iphone tomorrow ugh.
    Pre dead, yo.