Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So the new iPhone is coming out tomorrow.
    Do you think Palm will do something to steal a little of the thunder?

Release a bunch of apps into the catalog, release an update that adds video and other features, even release the SDK?

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Yea I think they're gonna take the catalog out of beta or release the sdk
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I'm sure Palm will do something tomorrow.
    They're going to enable the 4g chip!
    you'd have to be following that 4g thread on another forum to appreciate that q:
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The chances are rather high something happens tommrow. Pretty much everyone is going to say something about the iPhone tommrow. And if Palm can get into those stories all the better for them.
    I think it's too late to steal any thunder tomorrow. No one who is lining up tonight or early tomorrow would know about, not that you're going to keep those people from lining up anyway.

I think most of the thunder was stolen by releasing the Pre on the 6th.
    Not only would I like to see some 3GS thunder stolen...I'd like some some new toys to play with this weekend.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    They should do the following
    releasing video recording
    Exchange Support
    Remove the APPS BETA TAG
    Fix Battery Issue
    Fix Cut and Paste Issue
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    These are perfectly doable things
    On the contrary, I would be surprised if Palm/Sprint didn't do anything noteworthy tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    They'll be concentrating on getting inventory caught up - what's the use on releasing functionality if no one can buy the phone?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Septro View Post
    They'll be concentrating on getting inventory caught up - what's the use on releasing functionality if no one can buy the phone?
    I would hope they don't have the programmers actually building the little suckers too.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Wouldn't count on it..
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Almost a given that 1.03 comes out tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    So the new iPhone is coming out tomorrow.
    Do you think Palm will do something to steal a little of the thunder?

Release a bunch of apps into the catalog, release an update that adds video and other features, even release the SDK?

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens.
    LOL. You pretty much just paraphrased my earlier post here.
    Last edited by clipcarl; 06/18/2009 at 10:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach_Alt View Post
    Almost a given that 1.03 comes out tomorrow.
    I really can't wait. I don't have most of the issues out but I would still like to see some improvement. I really want them to release the sdk so we can start getting some fun apps to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    They should do the following
    releasing video recording
    Exchange Support
    Remove the APPS BETA TAG
    Fix Battery Issue
    Fix Cut and Paste Issue

LoL thats a pretty solid list!! from other posts they are also going to add a lot of small functionallity like forwarding sms's and multiple sends..

Hopefully Fixing outlook...
    I think the biggest impact and wave they can make is if they release another update with video recording included. That would be the best move for them at this point with the biggest feature of the new iphone is video recording. Anything less will be shoved to back of the line or hard drive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Septro View Post
    2 diferent teams... techs and programmers for updates, production plant for building. Just put a few more quarters in that baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I think it's too late to steal any thunder tomorrow. No one who is lining up tonight or early tomorrow would know about, not that you're going to keep those people from lining up anyway.

I think most of the thunder was stolen by releasing the Pre on the 6th.
    I agree. I don't think that Palm releasing something tomorrow would do much except try to keep people from the Pre switch to the iPhone. There are a lot of people who are still undecided about the Pre (I know a couple) and might do the switch and come back later. I know a couple of people who reserved an iPhone at the Apple store in case they made the jump, many preferred the Pre over the iPhone but because of some lack of things thought they would switch the 3GS and return to the Pre in about 6-8 months when many things are resolved or more apps released.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast