Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Its a shame that the Pre still has so FEW apps available! I have been a loyal PALM user for over 7 years and I thought the Pre would be a better phone. Only one sound for text messages, no games to be found and the lack of new apps being created is very disappointing. Palm needs to move quickly or the new IPhone will get them out before they have a chance to start! For the first time in 7 years I have started to look at the other phones out there!
    Its only a week old and the SDK has not been released yet. once the get the next update out to fix some bugs I'm sure we will see more apps and other things you are missing, and once the release the public SDK i know thier will be an explosion of apps, i know of 5-10 old palm dev that i used on my treo are waiting for that to get their stuff onto the pre (Shsh and hobbyish just to name 2)
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    THis thread is extremely pre-mature.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Patience is key. Like djdisturbed said, the Pre is only a week old. The SDK will probably be coming out soon (hopefully). There are also other things that Palm has to get in place: App Catalog submission guidelines, payment guidelines, etc.

Remember, the first version of the iPhone came out in July 2007 and the iPhone SDK didn't come until March 2008. Even after this the App Store didn't even open until July 2008.

You can see these things can take some time.

Hang in there.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Trust me the apps are coming, and before you know it the pre will be inundated with apps.
    There will definitely be some hardcore tweaks/hacks that you would never see on any other phone. If you build a device and sell it will linux pre-installed, they will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmarcano View Post
    Its a shame that the Pre still has so FEW apps available! I have been a loyal PALM user for over 7 years and I thought the Pre would be a better phone. Only one sound for text messages, no games to be found and the lack of new apps being created is very disappointing. Palm needs to move quickly or the new IPhone will get them out before they have a chance to start! For the first time in 7 years I have started to look at the other phones out there!
    LoL look at his pic... what a TROLL!!

You should have been looking for a phone for 2+ years now as Palm hasn't released anything in such a long time!!

lol You STINK
    Quote Originally Posted by ken0311 View Post
    Trust me the apps are coming, and before you know it the pre will be inundated with apps.
    There will definitely be some hardcore tweaks/hacks that you would never see on any other phone. If you build a device and sell it will linux pre-installed, they will come.
    How do you know. Are you involved in Palm's developer relations. As for hardcore hacks and tweaks that you would never see on another phone, WebOS is always going to be #2 in that regard. Android is a much more open phone OS.
    Ive had my pre for 2days now and Im not too happy I upgraded my 5yr old sanyo. Its better 4 online but i have problems when talkin 2 sum1 sometimes the touchscreen starts makin conference calls, i know of no way to prepend calls from my phonebook(number private so need 2 add*82 sumtimes) and maybe its just mine, but sometimes (usually when its doing sumthing it shouldnt) the screen goes black and wont illuminate no matter what I do. Not 2 mention no camcorder. Feels like I got, got
    I think ultimately the webos platform will do well but right now the Pre is only about 40% of the device it could be. The crappy part of it is what is there is pretty much unoptimized programs that are also short on options and don't really feel very snapy. Combine that with the nasty memory leak and build quality I would say the Pre isn't even close to what it should be. Even considering it is a 1.0 device the Pre is very much in need of some serious updates and optimizations to get it where it should have been at release.

Withe SDK being released at the end of summer I don't hold out much hope for the minimal app selection changing anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ken0311 View Post
    Here they come....http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-download.html
    If you've been a loyal Palm user for over 7 years, that means that you purchased a product that had over three years of maturity. This one has three weeks. Give it a little time.
    Ok, then stop whining here and go buy something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post

You should have been looking for a phone for 2+ years now as Palm hasn't released anything in such a long time!!

lol You STINK
    its from warcraft...
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Fail ****ing thread
    lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post

lol You STINK
    Lol I have been a member of this forum for years and I have been a Loyal Palm User and fan since I first received my Palm Pilot for a birthday gift. And so I got my devices as they were released; (Palm Pro, The Super Nice Palm V, the 505 and the 515; I then got the Treo 600 and returned it 2x and then fell in love with it. Then I purchased the 650, our infamous 700p, on to the 755 (and the lag was still there) and finally the 800. I have waited 2 years or more for Pre. And I returned it this past week; I wanted to like it but the hardware and form factor are not my cup of tea. My wife is going to keep her's even though she gets resets almost everyday. I will get the BB Tour and try to be happy for a while. I was disappointed in Palm but that is their history; coming close but not meeting the mark. Yes the software is beautiful, wish it were faster. If the new unit to come out by Palm in a few months would have a micro sd card slot and a good keyboard I will try the device. For me the keyboard and the slider form factor are issues of concern for me. This unit will do well but it could do better. Maybe with Jon at the "Helm" let's hope we will see changes, Ed C. did not release full control to Jon. And what happens to Ed, he gets promoted and gets a "promotion" with elevation partners. He gets rewarded for dumping a company! Lol my friends, fire away and this is not "trolling" Have a good weekend and enjoy your Palm Pre (I mean that too)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Lol I have been a member of this forum for years and I have been a Loyal Palm User and fan since I first received my Palm Pilot for a birthday gift. And so I got my devices as they were released; (Palm Pro, The Super Nice Palm V, the 505 and the 515; I then got the Treo 600 and returned it 2x and then fell in love with it. Then I purchased the 650, our infamous 700p, on to the 755 (and the lag was still there) and finally the 800. I have waited 2 years or more for Pre. And I returned it this past week; I wanted to like it but the hardware and form factor are not my cup of tea. My wife is going to keep her's even though she gets resets almost everyday. I will get the BB Tour and try to be happy for a while. I was disappointed in Palm but that is their history; coming close but not meeting the mark. Yes the software is beautiful, wish it were faster. If the new unit to come out by Palm in a few months would have a micro sd card slot and a good keyboard I will try the device. For me the keyboard and the slider form factor are issues of concern for me. This unit will do well but it could do better. Maybe with Jon at the "Helm" let's hope we will see changes, Ed C. did not release full control to Jon. And what happens to Ed, he gets promoted and gets a "promotion" with elevation partners. He gets rewarded for dumping a company! Lol my friends, fire away and this is not "trolling" Have a good weekend and enjoy your Palm Pre (I mean that too)
    Has she tried the mcguyver solution? she shouldn't have to deal a phone resetting every day. Mine used to but i just put a tiny piece of paper board next to the batter, and now it's all good. That being said, the guy was trolling, for the first time in 7 years he has to look for a new phone because he can't change the message sound? lol. and you could have put your i returned post in the 'why i am returning my pre'