1.    #1  
    Just curious as to how poeple have originazed their apps on the three launcher pages? Maybe you have just keep the order as is. I have all apps used evertday on page one, all other apps page 2 and then system programs page there. All in alpha order.
    I followed the instructions for getting root, turning on the hidden app and adding pages.
    I like 5 pages with no scrolling.
    see predev wikidot.com
    look for
    add-delete-pages-in-the-launcher
    I'm still moving things around as I add apps and see which get used most often. I've added a couple of contacts to the first launcher page for people I call fairly frequently. I may move other apps around on an as-needed basis, like moving FlightView out of the way when I don't have any flights to track and putting it back near the top of the first page when I do.
    Because I was pretty comfortable with the old Palm OS launcher, I have mine divided into Main, Multimedia/Games, and System/Utility. I find this works pretty efficiently for me.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I have put Accuweather, contacts, SplashID and a few others on the top of the first page. I am waiting to get more pages before I really rearrange my Apps.
    I have downloaded apps on page 1, system apps on page 2, and utilities/settings on page 3
    I think it's sad that we're discussing "desktop housekeeping" with all the wonderful features we could be talking about...
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farrellr View Post
    I followed the instructions for getting root, turning on the hidden app and adding pages.
    I like 5 pages with no scrolling.
    see predev wikidot.com
    look for
    add-delete-pages-in-the-launcher
    I did the same thing.
    I've reorganized my apps... Page 1 is phone functions (calender, dialer, email), page 2 is downloaded apps ( App store, Where, Sprint TV, etc), and page 3 is the system settings/ misc apps I don't use... Like nascar lol). Works great so far for me!
    Right now, I have on my bottom launcher...

Phone - Messenger - Email - Browser.

Is it me or does the launcher menu repsond faster when using the wave launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Because I was pretty comfortable with the old Palm OS launcher, I have mine divided into Main, Multimedia/Games, and System/Utility. I find this works pretty efficiently for me.
    Pretty much done the same. Everything I use often is on the main page except Device Info. I may move that one for a couple of months while I'm tinkering.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I've put everything on one page and scramble them every morning just to keep things interesting!
    I'm not too comfortable with rooting my Pre, what with not being very knowledgable about these kinds of things and not wanting to risk Sprint refusing me service should anything go wrong with my phone (they may not, but better safe than sorry). At any rate, I managed to find a way to organize my apps so that they fit just fine on the three pages (although I wouldn't mind more).

My bottom launcher has Phone, Conversations, Web, Music.

Pg 1 is basic tools (Calendar, Calculator, etc...).

Pg 2 are downloaded apps and things needing access to the Internet (ie YouTube, Pandora, Google Maps, etc...). The exception is to the latter is Email, which I have on page 1.

Pg 3 is strictly phone settings and features (Backup, Bluetooth, etc...).

As an added measure of perfectionism (as if reorganizing the apps wasn't bad enough), I have them all in alphabetical order. The exception is Pg 2, where I have Pandora, YouTube, and NY Times at the top, as these are my most frequently-used apps not on the bottom launcher.

And I hope that on some future update I'll be able to remove that god-awful Nascar app. I hate Nascar and it's such an eyesore.
    Last edited by jasetroncs; 06/21/2009 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Added something...
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Just curious as to how poeple have originazed their apps on the three launcher pages? Maybe you have just keep the order as is. I have all apps used evertday on page one, all other apps page 2 and then system programs page there. All in alpha order.
    I've put all my "most called" contacts on the first page, along with the WWW, App Catalog and Update App since I use those the most.

My second page has all my internet favorites.

My third page has all the other Applications.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I changed up my wave line: Browser, Pandora, Messaging, e-Mail.

I have found for the rest that using the uni search is quickest. Although I did move things around on the launcher pages, I usually type to get to the app I want.