Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    Joe Trojan:

All of the data to do what you want is contained inside the database files, it just needs someone with enough time to go through and write that script you would like to extract the data. It shouldn't be too complex, just time consuming. I don't have the time/skill to do it quickly, and I suspect many others who might have the time/skill do not see it as a huge priority. I would suggest trying to make a start on such a script yourself, then asking for help if you run into any issues.

I know that is probably not what you want to hear, but it is likely the quickest way something will happen about this.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I think I followed all of jsLaden's steps faithfully and it appeared to work at first. However, I noticed lately that all of my calendar entries are now 18 hours off (maybe 17 1/2??). It's happening with all my entries; Exchange, Google, etc. The weirdest thing is if you open an entry, it shows the correct time in the detail.

Does anyone know how to edit the database to stop this behavior? I've already gone a few weeks with my new Pre+ and don't want to lose my texts or part of them...
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Will the method outlined by 'JSLaden' work from webOS 1.4.5 to webOS 2.0.1?
    No. I tried it multiple times. It does not look like messaging is stored in that folder anymore.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    OK how do we get them into 2.1.0?
    How often we need to write into this thread:
    Don't do it!
    It may work on same phone with same webOS version.

There is no known way of keeping your messaging history.
    Use save/restore to get them in HTML on USB partition.
    Quote Originally Posted by showie View Post
    I think I followed all of jsLaden's steps faithfully and it appeared to work at first. However, I noticed lately that all of my calendar entries are now 18 hours off (maybe 17 1/2??). It's happening with all my entries; Exchange, Google, etc. The weirdest thing is if you open an entry, it shows the correct time in the detail.

Does anyone know how to edit the database to stop this behavior? I've already gone a few weeks with my new Pre+ and don't want to lose my texts or part of them...
    Hi showie,

what happens if you remove one of the calendars (eg. the exchange one), and re-add it, does that fix the time issue for that calendar?
    Another suggestion might be to turn network time off and on, and reopen the calendar between each step.

Lastly: did you adjust the additional field that crucian4 adjusted?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply, JSladen. I have gone so far as to remove all calendar accounts and start from scratch. Problem is still there. I will try the network time suggestion and will look into crucian4's post. Definitely hoping to solve this as absolutely everything else is running just fine now.
    Just had another thought - recently HPalm have made changed to how the calendar syncs, mainly relating to the time period which things like google sync over. I am wondering if they have changed something else at the same time. If you (or someone else who has had this issue - I know there are some, but they haven't bothered posting in this thread, but are hopefully reading....) could have a look inside the database and compare the calendar entry information between the fresh db after reloading your profile, and see if there are any changed entries there.

I would offer to look for people, but as it contains every bit of information stored on your palm I would not suggest giving the files to anyone else to look at.

As this has only just started happening since feb, I highly suspect it is related to this. If I had a spare device I would look into this myself, but I do not have access to one.
    Need help please. I performed this on the same pre. Put PalmDatabase.db3 back on my phone after the doctor. Everything restored fine but if anyone texts me or i text them it doesnt show in the conversation history. It will show a preview of what they or i sent on the convo list, but once i select the thread the new messages that were sent/recieved are not there. Did i do something wrong? I've spent all day reseting/doctoring my phone and this is the second time this has happened. If there is a way i can fix this please let me know.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 03/08/2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Hi Steve,

If you only restored PalmDatabase.db3, then it will corrupt as soon as you try and work with it, you have to restore both database files (after modifying one of them) to have a working system.

I am also not sure if this method still works reliably, as a few people have mentioned issues with the calendar after performing this restore, due I suspect to an updated method synergy uses to sync with google etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSladen View Post
    Hi Steve,

If you only restored PalmDatabase.db3, then it will corrupt as soon as you try and work with it, you have to restore both database files (after modifying one of them) to have a working system.

I am also not sure if this method still works reliably, as a few people have mentioned issues with the calendar after performing this restore, due I suspect to an updated method synergy uses to sync with google etc.
    Hmmn, might be worth it for you to edit your first post in the thread with this info along with a big warning in blue or red font not to try it with 2.xx...
    bluenote: I might go and add something to my post re: webOS 2+

From what I can read from Steve's post he hasn't followed those instructions anyway, as the problems he describes are cause by the 2 databases not be paired any more, or by restoring the message database using PBU.
    Ok, well maybe I wasn't reading the first post or the several others correctly? But no where in the first post does it say to backup anything else besides the Palmdatabase.db3. If I needed to back up other files that would have been erased during the doctor, then I'm s.o.l. I've already doctered and followed what a majority of the posts in this thread said to do. I did follow your directions though. I used webosqi to send/recieve the Palmdatabase.db3 file. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
    Hi Steve,

Not sure if you read my first post in this thread or not, but it defiantly mentions a 2nd file to backup (PalmAccountDatabse.db3), and a method to edit the file with your new profile ID to make it work on a freshly doctored device.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2555627

Without having a copy of that file from before you doctored it, I suspect you are stuck, as you won't be able to rebuild the link between the 2 files, to maintain the correct message to contacts id's.
    Missed this because it was 11 pages in, maybe the very first post in this thread should be corrected with this information so others don't run into this issue. No one else said anything about that specific file. Thanks for you help none the less.
    I'm not the OP, or a mod, so I can't change the start of the thread, I can only adjust my posts.
    It is always a good idea to read an entire thread before doing anything suggested in it though, just in case someone has found an issue/better way of doing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Will the method outlined by 'JSLaden' work from webOS 1.4.5 to webOS 2.0.1?
    No, it will not work from 1.x to 2.x. The database has changed (I think it's been split up).

There was a blog post on Precentral that said that text messages are actually backed up in the Palm Profile now! I haven't seen this first-hand though.

*Update* Wow, I thought this was the last page of the thread. Answer still applies though.
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    There was a blog post on Precentral that said that text messages are actually backed up in the Palm Profile now! I haven't seen this first-hand though.
    I can confirm from personal, first-hand experience that Palm Profile in webOS 2.1.0 does in fact backup the 'call log' and 'text messages'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by JSladen View Post
    Joe Trojan:

All of the data to do what you want is contained inside the database files, it just needs someone with enough time to go through and write that script you would like to extract the data. It shouldn't be too complex, just time consuming. I don't have the time/skill to do it quickly, and I suspect many others who might have the time/skill do not see it as a huge priority. I would suggest trying to make a start on such a script yourself, then asking for help if you run into any issues.

I know that is probably not what you want to hear, but it is likely the quickest way something will happen about this.

I understand that, but by no means do I even know anything about script writing or handling databases!

I'll be honest and say that I did it the poor man's way: copying and pasting blocks of text messaging at a time onto email!
    I got this to work. Sprint sent me a new Pre- a couple weeks ago and I was reluctant to switch because I need a lot of the text messages on my phone and I didn't want to spend a whole day forwarding them through my email account. The only difficult part was changing the table data in the db3 file. I never used an editor for anything like that and I'll admit I was afraid I'd spend hours messing with it and be left with a nice pebble shaped brick.

Tell you what, I forgot how painfully slow an unpatched stock kernal running Pre- can be. I can't wait for the apps and their back ups to finish so I can raid Preware again.
    Last edited by TheFishGuy; 03/30/2011 at 09:22 PM.
    "There's a troll for every part of the interweb. Somewhere in a troll forum there's a troll suggesting they just follow the rules."

Palm needs to hire Jason Robitaille