1.    #1  
    is there some way to get photos off of this thing? If I hook up as a usb drive and go under photos, my pictures are not there. If I try syncing wirh itunes_ it only syncs from not to the computer. Any thoughts.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    If you're talking about the photos you took with the camera, they're under the DCIM folder > 100PALM.
  3.    #3  
    Ahhh, thanks stake, strange place to put them, I spent 30 min uploading 1 at a time to photobucket, next time ill know.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    you dont have to wait for one to upload to start another upload

fyi

and I'm still pissed they picked photobucket as an upload place bit not flickr

flickr is for photos, photobucket is for teenagers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistermarc View Post
    Ahhh, thanks stake, strange place to put them, I spent 30 min uploading 1 at a time to photobucket, next time ill know.
    or you could have just emailed them to yourself.... but yeah, they are in the folder he said..... thats the way palm has handled photos for a LONG time, it comes from back in the early POS days, i think they are keeping some of the same file structure that they did back then just b/c its whats they are used to at palm
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach_Alt View Post
    you dont have to wait for one to upload to start another upload

fyi

and I'm still pissed they picked photobucket as an upload place bit not flickr

flickr is for photos, photobucket is for teenagers
    There's a direct email link from flickr that allows you to upload your pics direct to your account. You can find the link in your acct. Works great and uploads instantly.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    maybe so, but I dont know why Palm hasnt asked for the flickr API yet
    Upload by email is the easiest way right now to get photos to Flickr, but I'm confident that there will be better integration very soon. At least one Flickr employee has a Pre and he REALLY likes the camera. Also, Aperture & iPhoto will import photos if you put the phone into Media Sync mode. Very seamless!

Let's swamp Flickr with Pre photos

[More detail here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...re-photos.html ]

I'm sure most of you have heard of Flickr, and many of you are users. While billing itself as, "almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world" may seem over the top, it's actually pretty accurate. Many of you might be aware of the iPhones epic popularity on Flickr, ranking among the top-5 cameras being used on Flickr as reported in stories on CNet and elsewhere.

Well, the Pre certainly isn't going to knock off the iPhone atop Flickr's chart anytime soon, but I think we should give it a run for its money. If you look at the camera finder, and scroll to the bottom, you'll see the top 5 camera phones on Flickr. We're going to get onto that list.

Right now, the #5 phone is a Sony Ericsson shooter, with around 300 users uploading photos each day. The Palm Pre, after little more than a week, has had 60-100 users each day for the past 4 or 5 days.

So you see what we need to do work our way onto that list. With the hundreds of users reading this forum, we can very quickly knock off the 580wi and maybe even take down a couple Blackberry phones which feature ~500 users/day. The Nokia N95 is next at ~900 users each day. After that, we'd be #2 to the iPhone.

I think we'll get there with time regardless, but it would be a big story if we could move up the chart so quickly. If you're not already a Flickr member, please join it's free. Just upload 1 photo taken with the Palm Pre each day (easiest way is using upload by email). Also feel free to join the Palm Pre group on Flickr and add your photos to that group, too.

Now take a photo and send it to Flickr each day.
    Upload by email is the easiest way right now to get photos to Flickr, but I'm confident that there will be better integration very soon. At least one Flickr employee has a Pre and he REALLY likes the camera. Also, Aperture & iPhoto will import photos if you put the phone into Media Sync mode. Very seamless!

Let's swamp Flickr with Pre photos

[More detail here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...re-photos.html ]

I'm sure most of you have heard of Flickr, and many of you are users. While billing itself as, "almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world" may seem over the top, it's actually pretty accurate. Many of you might be aware of the iPhones epic popularity on Flickr, ranking among the top-5 cameras being used on Flickr as reported in stories on CNet and elsewhere.

Well, the Pre certainly isn't going to knock off the iPhone atop Flickr's chart anytime soon, but I think we should give it a run for its money. If you look at the camera finder, and scroll to the bottom, you'll see the top 5 camera phones on Flickr. We're going to get onto that list.

Right now, the #5 phone is a Sony Ericsson shooter, with around 300 users uploading photos each day. The Palm Pre, after little more than a week, has had 60-100 users each day for the past 4 or 5 days.

So you see what we need to do work our way onto that list. With the hundreds of users reading this forum, we can very quickly knock off the 580wi and maybe even take down a couple Blackberry phones which feature ~500 users/day. The Nokia N95 is next at ~900 users each day. After that, we'd be #2 to the iPhone.

I think we'll get there with time regardless, but it would be a big story if we could move up the chart so quickly. If you're not already a Flickr member, please join it's free. Just upload 1 photo taken with the Palm Pre each day (easiest way is using upload by email). Also feel free to join the Palm Pre group on Flickr and add your photos to that group, too.

Now take a photo and send it to Flickr each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistermarc View Post
    Not at all strange. It's quite conventional for all digital cameras to place pictures in this folder. DCIM is for Digital Camera IMages.