Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't want to start another thread, but I have a question related to exchanges. I also had a dead pixel and got a call that my new Pre is in. What actually backs up to the server that I can pull back down with my new phone, and what data do I need to backup myself so I keep it once I get the new phone? I'm assuming my contacts, mail settings, exchange info etc are backed up. Other data? Pics, music, apps, etc?
  2.    #22  
    media does not sync!
    So just for clarification

What DOES sync: Contacts, MS Exchange/Mail settings, Tasks, Memos, Mail, Calendar
    What DOES NOT sync: Pics, Music, Ringtones, Video, Text/Chat/Call logs, BT settings

Complied from a couple different sources....
    Good on ye OP for standing up to them and getting what your rightfully entitled to.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Just wanted to reiterate that Sprint corporate stores do not have refurbished devices. 3rd party stores may have them but corporate stores do not.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnutty View Post
    Just wanted to reiterate that Sprint corporate stores do not have refurbished devices. 3rd party stores may have them but corporate stores do not.
    So what are the devices that sprint are giving customers when they exchange out the phones...it doesnt come in a new box but a gray box with just the phone...no batt nothing...
    I'll be at Sprint at 10am to see if they have any phones to swap so this is "bad" news.
    It took a long time for refurbs to work down with the Diamonds and Touch Pros.
    Hard to believe they already have them two weeks after the release.

Could the refurb be units that never made it out of the factory?
    Fail some quality control before being shipped? That might make more since.
    Which makes me wonder if if might be better than the toss up of getting a new phone, I'm worried about the dead pixels, I have none on my current PrPrPr.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I am curious, would a refurbished unit have a better chance at not having any problems or defects? From the posts here it sounds like some people are already on their 3rd or 4th Pre .

I am gonna try and get a Pre this week so what are the odds of getting a new one without any problems?
    Just came back from Sprint and they gave me a new out of the yellow sided box PrPrPr.
  10. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnutty View Post
    Get your head outta your hole. Yes, they do.

Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    Just came back from Sprint and they gave me a new out of the yellow sided box PrPrPr.
    Did you check to make SURE it was brand new? did it ahve the screen protector and no scratches and all accessories? I went to the Sprint store today to get the exchange that they ordered for me, which they said would be brand new. They brought out the yellow box and I thought I was getting a new phone like they said. Asked to see the phone and on close examination, I realized it was in fact a refurb. Told them I wouldn't take it so they said they would order me a new one.
    Yeah, I'm sure.

##786# They took it out the box in front of me.
    Everything was there.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    Get your head outta your hole. Yes, they do.

Did you check to make SURE it was brand new? did it ahve the screen protector and no scratches and all accessories? I went to the Sprint store today to get the exchange that they ordered for me, which they said would be brand new. They brought out the yellow box and I thought I was getting a new phone like they said. Asked to see the phone and on close examination, I realized it was in fact a refurb. Told them I wouldn't take it so they said they would order me a new one.

To this day, corporate stores don't yet have refurbished Pres.

Not sure why the need to tell me to do things with my hole
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Sprint is not working on these phones. They are coming from a palm repair or refurb center.For all the issues and exchanges we are reading about, there are twice as many obvious rejects and "test run" models that have to go somewhere. I bet palm is working on any unit they can right now.

I don't have anything against refurb's (they help me put people in BB's and more importantly BB data plans) but not during my 30 days.

I also remember reading somewhere that Foxxconn? was having issue with the complexity of the design and in fact shipped sort of like 20,000 units or something like that for launch. That number could be off and im not a google warrior so I'll let someone else fact check it....but seems like that would produce a lot of rejects too...
    Palm is supposed to send me a new unit because after I returned my first to best Buy the second is now going and Best Buy doesn't know when or if they are getting more. So I call Palm to check the status because it is 2 days late and now the tell me it is going to be a refurbished unit not new. I love the Pre but this is a bit much. The phone is new I want a new one! If I get a refurb I am sending it back If I do not get a new one after that I am returning mine to Best Buy and getting my money back and leaving Sprint. I know we are sort of Beta testers but this is crazy, all of these problems and now they want to give you a refurb. Here is a bigger kicker, The Palm rep said my phone has a 1 year warranty but the refurb warranty is only 90 days...lol That sounds like a good deal....in Bizzaro world! Sprint had enough problems before but with the way some people "PALM" are handling returns and repairs this could do them in.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12