1. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I remember reading an article...somewhere...months ago. I don't remember where, but it said that if you had an event coming up, the Pre would download directions from Google Maps, and info from Wikipedia and stuff like that. I'm guessing this isn't the case? Wouldn't that be amazing?

It looks like Google Maps is not linked into your contacts or anything like that? And it has no memory of past searches? I was really looking forward to that being a big step up from the Treo but I guess it doesn't exist. How sad.

And yes I do know that Sprint Navigation can use your contacts. And yes that is probably good enough.
    The whole pre-anticipation of meetings is cool...if only it worked like that. But I think you can press the address and it will load in Google Maps.

Sprint Navigation isnt wholly tied into contacts.
    If you put an address into the location of your calendar event, you can click the drop-down menu and see "Map Location". If you click that, it opens up Google Maps and you can get directions from your current location.

It's pretty sweet, but I'd rather it opens up Sprint Nav so you can get turn-by-turn directions.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    If you put an address into the location of your calendar event, you can click the drop-down menu and see "Map Location". If you click that, it opens up Google Maps and you can get directions from your current location.

It's pretty sweet, but I'd rather it opens up Sprint Nav so you can get turn-by-turn directions.
    It should definitely give you this option!
    I'm with Bujin ... my husband and I were just talking about this ... it is nice that if you click on the location it goes to google maps but it would be very sweet if it just went into the nav ... it would make going to appointments so so so great
    That was the inimitable Roger McNamee speaking. I think that he's always been just a step or two ahead of reality when it come to the Pre. Or, he's seeing things in the labs that we can only dream about. Or both.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    It would also be nice if you could get an address from Google maps into sprint nav without having to retype it. Very frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by readams View Post
    It would also be nice if you could get an address from Google maps into sprint nav without having to retype it. Very frustrating.
    Hopefully soon.
  9. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Well wouldja look at that! Awesome, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by readams View Post
    If you use palm to manage your contacts instead of google then sprint navigator will pull your contacts that have addresses attached. I deleted my google contact acct and did a sync and transfer with my palm desktop just to get that function. When you click on "drive to" and select "contact" they will all be listed there.

*oops* you said from google to sprint nav...never mind...
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 06/21/2009 at 05:20 PM.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Also if you bring up a contact and click on the address, it will load google maps, and if you click on menu in the lower right corner you can select to get driving directions.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.