Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Besides the fact that I really like the included Pre headphones as well as the itunes like media gallery on the Pre, how about the fact that the headphones have a magnet built into them to hold them together (I am guessing is the point of that)!

Keeps them from getting tangled like my ipod ones (which incidentally i don't need anymore now lol)
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

like the zune headphones?
    Speaking of the pre headphones, the max volume does not seem that loud to me. Is that the actual phone or are the headphones?
    ? the earbuds have magnets to hold them together? I know all headphones have magnets in them, but that's odd. Mine are still unopened.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    ? the earbuds have magnets to hold them together? I know all headphones have magnets in them, but that's odd. Mine are still unopened.
    Yep ... I thought it weird to but then noticed the less likelyhood of them getting tangled.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Same until today and i noticed the small chrome piece on the sides of the buds and realized they stuck together
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Same until today and i noticed the small chrome piece on the sides of the buds and realized they stuck together
    This might be a stupid question, but which bud goes to which ear? They're not labeled as far as I can see. I've been using the rule that I can see the chrome piece as I put them in my ears so that the chrome is facing back. I couldn't find any documenation as to which ear bud goes to which ear L/R... ??
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Now... if only I could get them to fit in my ears.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    like the zune headphones?
    My sentiments exactly.
    I can't remember where I read this exactly (I think "cool tips" email from Palm) but it stated that you could keep the headset around your neck with the magnets. Now that is a novel design...
    I haven't even unwrapped mine yet. I never expect much from the sets that come with the phone but if everyone seems to think they are good I will have to look at them tonight.
    That's not an Easter Egg.
    I wonder if they included the infamous Treo taxi into the Pre as an Easter Egg
    Follow Me On

Already posted...

See all Easter Eggs here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-features.html
    The earbuds do have tiny L/R on them. stick them together and look at them via the speaker facing you. You should see them on the bottom right before the cord leaves the headphone.

Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but which bud goes to which ear? They're not labeled as far as I can see. I've been using the rule that I can see the chrome piece as I put them in my ears so that the chrome is facing back. I couldn't find any documenation as to which ear bud goes to which ear L/R... ??
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by photojake View Post
    The earbuds do have tiny L/R on them. stick them together and look at them via the speaker facing you. You should see them on the bottom right before the cord leaves the headphone.

Jacob
    Wow. Them's tiny lettering!

Geez! I had a 50/50 chance of putting them in my ears correctly, and I got it wrong!
    or magnetic chrome faces forward to get RIGHT left/right orientation.
    I never noticed a difference in having them in the right or wrong ear. I think they fit loose, but are comfortable. I also love how they magnetize, and I love the tiny microphone and call answer/end button built into them!!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    I know this is late, but the chrome pieces face out, plus the headphones are marked. there is an "L" and an "R" etched into the ear pieces look on the stem...
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    i've used these headphones since launch day and never realized those were magnets. No more twisted up headphones! THANKS !
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I just wish I could use them, I have special ears I guess but I cannot wear any ear bud headphones, there is nothing to hold them in my ear (have tiny little skin flap and auricle which would normally hold them in place.)
    -Sent from my Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast