1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having a much lower signal strength with their Pre vs. their last Spint phone. My Mogul came in stong in my house...my Pre...1 maybe 2 bars.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjschaef View Post
    Is anyone else having a much lower signal strength with their Pre vs. their last Spint phone. My Mogul came in stong in my house...my Pre...1 maybe 2 bars.
    Ditto... I'm having low signal in my office but with my iPhone and my previous sprint blackberry it was just fine. Hopefully we'll get an update to improve the signal a bit
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

yeah I just had my replaced today as it was roaming a bunch where as other sprint phones at my office show stright 4-5 bars no roaming.

tech said it failed some sort of RF test... was very happy.

Till I returned to work and same issue.

So either i have had two bad Pre's or it can't hold a link very well.

starting to think about switching back iPhone (which is only EDGE where I live but....)

JOhn
    I switched to the Pre from Treo. The signal is always minimal. Web access is spotty, to say the least. On the Treo, I always got on, even though it took much longer to get online, with the Pre I am left in the lurch at least 50% of the time. Not having much fun with my new phone so far! Thinking of getting a new Treo instead.
    I can't even get youtube or pandora to work when I'm at work. he he
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My signal was about average, but since the last update to 1.0.4 I believe that its gotten worse for me. not certain if its coincidence or not. I will got from 1 bar to 5 bars without moving, then it drops back to 1 bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by rknum View Post
    My signal was about average, but since the last update to 1.0.4 I believe that its gotten worse for me. not certain if its coincidence or not. I will got from 1 bar to 5 bars without moving, then it drops back to 1 bar.
    I'm having the exact same problem. I don't know if it happened before or after 1.0.4 because I didn't have the phone long before I got the update, but its rather annoying to try to have signal then watch it go away. I hope an update will fix this or maybe figure out if its a sprint issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjschaef View Post
    Yes, many of us have this problem. We hope it's a software and not hardware problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by rknum View Post
    My ability to get Pandora has disappeared in certain locations because it won't work at 1x
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I notice it but so did the instinct when it first came out. I was worried at first but, I will be patient and wait for the updates to address the problem.