Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koconnor View Post
    I don't think facebook supports geotagging, and I know photobucket doesn't, but Flickr definitely does. I have a contact in my address book with my Flickr direct-upload email address, and it makes uploading photos *almost* as easy as using the built in support.
    actually i uploaded a picture to photobucket that i used the geotag with and photobucket does support it. when viewing the image on the left hand side there should be a box that says "Image info" and there will be a link for location with lat/long that when clicked will take you to google maps. see pic below for example. you will have to copy/paste since i can't post links yet.

s89.photobucket.com/albums/k222/warpheadub/pre%20pics/?action=view&current=CIMG0021_edited.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by robwho View Post
    Went backpacking this weekend. Had my Pre on airplane mode in the woods since the cell signals were pretty spotty and often weak. Took about a dozen photos from the Pre during the trip, and they were all geotagged correctly (after checking them on Google Earth). Though this is what I had to do right before taking each photo:

From the dial pad, hit ##477#
    This brings up the "GPS Information" card. Press on the "Get Fix" button. Once the GPS info is updated, then i proceed to take the photo.

It works, but quite annoying. Palm, please fix this.
    this really works, thanks
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Good idea on the ## code. Will have to try that next time
    I get a fix when I use that code, but nothing I do writes the LAT/LON to the file. I've set up a receiving gmail picture account and i get all exif data but no GPS info...location based services work fine and get a position quickly...
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Stupid question, but do you have geotagging turned on in the location preferences?
    knew about this a long time ago and posted got a bunch of negative responses lol but picasa which is free from google works real nice on your computer to organize all your pics and will read the tags and then post them on google maps. It seems to work just fine if you let the camera app run for a minute or two so that it can get a fix but if you open it right away and snap you just get tower locations attached. Up in northern MN it was off by miles, id be down by the lake and it would show i was waaaaaaaay inland. In the city its off usually by a block or two
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by otterwang View Post
    this really works, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robwho View Post
    Went backpacking this weekend. Had my Pre on airplane mode in the woods since the cell signals were pretty spotty and often weak. Took about a dozen photos from the Pre during the trip, and they were all geotagged correctly (after checking them on Google Earth). Though this is what I had to do right before taking each photo:

From the dial pad, hit ##477#
    This brings up the "GPS Information" card. Press on the "Get Fix" button. Once the GPS info is updated, then i proceed to take the photo.

It works, but quite annoying. Palm, please fix this.
    Is this the process required to geotag photos when in airplane mode? I'm planning a trip out of the country and want to use my pre to take photos and I'd like them to be geotagged. No use in having the radio on if there's no signal to be had. Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12