Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If there is ONE thing the iPhone 3Gs has that I may be jealous of, it has to be the oleophobic coating.

Does anyone have any ideas around what sprays or polish might give us the Pre a little help in the smudgy screen department?

I used a "Best Skins Ever" skin for about 3 days and while it didn't show off the smudges, it made the Pre look like an old abused phone.
    I keep my phone in the pouch...seems to do an excellent job of keeping it clean and free of smudges.
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoan1 View Post
    If there is ONE thing the iPhone 3Gs has that I may be jealous of, it has to be the oleophobic coating.

Does anyone have any ideas around what sprays or polish might give us the Pre a little help in the smudgy screen department?

I used a "Best Skins Ever" skin for about 3 days and while it didn't show off the smudges, it made the Pre look like an old abused phone.
    Invisible Shield seems to work well for me. No fingerprints...smudges wipe right off.
    Ya that coating sounds very cool. My pre is definitely a finger print magnet.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    And oils.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    Invisible Shield seems to work well for me. No fingerprints...smudges wipe right off.
    I totally agree, the finger prints are very minimal and the smudges wipe off very easy
    Just another reason for the drones to spend the $$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    Well, I guarantee that Apple didn't add that coating to the iPhone for free. IPhone buyers are paying for it one way or another.

Once the Pre has a few million units in production and Palm can negotiate better quantity purchase prices (and component prices go down in general), then they too can add exotica like Apple does and keep the price the same.

Think of it this way: the "old" iPhone 3G with 8GB is now available for "only" $99. I guarantee you that it's not just now that manufacturing prices have fallen enough to make this profitable for Apple. No, I'm willing to bet that Apple's been pocketing a good portion of that $100 premium for quite some time now.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Well, I guarantee that Apple didn't add that coating to the iPhone for free. IPhone buyers are paying for it one way or another.

Once the Pre has a few million units in production and Palm can negotiate better quantity purchase prices (and component prices go down in general), then they too can add exotica like Apple does and keep the price the same.

Think of it this way: the "old" iPhone 3G with 8GB is now available for "only" $99. I guarantee you that it's not just now that manufacturing prices have fallen enough to make this profitable for Apple. No, I'm willing to bet that Apple's been pocketing a good portion of that $100 premium for quite some time now.
    Also, remember that Apple retains of portion of the monthly service fees from AT&T for each iPhone activated and used. Cut the price to $100 and how many more are going to be sold??? There ya go. They will make far more money on the $100 iPhone than they will on the 3G-S.
    Also, remember that Apple retains of portion of the monthly service fees from AT&T for each iPhone activated and used. Cut the price to $100 and how many more are going to be sold??? There ya go. They will make far more money on the $100 iPhone than they will on the 3G-S.
    No they dont.
    Yep, that too. Apple's finances are simply very different from Palm's. Folks keep saying things like: Palm should include AC adapter with the Touchstone. The only answer to that is: they would if they could. They'd certainly sell more, and guaranteed they know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoan1 View Post

I have one on and I think it's great. Maybe yours had air bubbles?
    ghost armor here and i am winning my battle against fingerprints and face grease, yay!!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    Or you could just admit it's a nice addition

It's not like anyone bught a 3GS for the sole reason of that coating.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    No they dont.
    actually Yes they do.

Piper Jaffray: AT&T paying Apple $18 per iPhone, per month | Apple - CNET News
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    The coating does not do much in reviews everyone states the finger prints are all over the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    No they dont.
    No they don't what??? Keep portions of the monthly bill? LMAO try again ... YAYUS they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by anish3232 View Post
    The coating does not do much in reviews everyone states the finger prints are all over the screen.
    Fingerprints are still on the screen, but the new coating allows for the finger to easily pass over those fingerprints while still staying as smooth as glass. Additionally, the coating makes one wipe of the screen all that is necessary to get off all the oils. No buffing or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    Fingerprints are still on the screen, but the new coating allows for the finger to easily pass over those fingerprints while still staying as smooth as glass. Additionally, the coating makes one wipe of the screen all that is necessary to get off all the oils. No buffing or anything.
    So does my $20 invisible shield...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    When the first iPhone came out in 2007 the deal with at&t gave Apple a portion of the user's monthly service charge. In exchange (sort of) Apple sold the original iPhone at a discounted rate ($400 by the time it got to retail) and at&t didn't have to subsidize it. But when the 3G came out they changed that to a standard model where at&t buys the iPhone from Apple at a higher price and subsidizes the price for new and off-contract customers while keeping all the contract money.

So while you would be right if this were 2 years ago, you're wrong now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast