Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have married friends. They share a phone number. How does this get handled, for example, with Caller ID? I had a phone where this could not happen, two entries could not share a number.
    Good question. True for business contacts at the same company too.
    You can have multiple people with the same phone number, but I think it just pulls up the first one in the list to use for caller id if you get a call from that number. For example, my parents are named Jane and William. They are separate contacts, but both have the same home phone. When they call me, Jane shows up in the caller id.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaAndoo View Post
    I have married friends. They share a phone number. How does this get handled, for example, with Caller ID? I had a phone where this could not happen, two entries could not share a number.
    It did initially combine some friends entries for me, but it was really easy to unlink those entries so that they show up separately now. You just click on the joint contact's icon/picture to show the contact sources. Then click on the one you want to unlink and select "Unlink this profile".
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    You can have multiple people with the same phone number, but I think it just pulls up the first one in the list to use for caller id if you get a call from that number. For example, my parents are named Jane and William. They are separate contacts, but both have the same home phone. When they call me, Jane shows up in the caller id.
    If it was allowed, this is what I assumed would happen.

What I HOPED would happen is that it would cycle through all the matching Caller ID's, like one per second. Palm, you listening?

What I HOPED would happen is that it would cycle through all the matching Caller ID's, like one per second. Palm, you listening?
    That's an interesting idea, or maybe a list view with mini pictures.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

How would this help? You still would'nt know which person was calling if they both had the same number, right?
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riebs View Post
    How would this help? You still would'nt know which person was calling if they both had the same number, right?
    Ah, but if you're like me, and you knew that the person on the other end could be someone other than is listed, you could choose not to belch when answering.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Ah, but if you're like me, and you knew that the person on the other end could be someone other than is listed, you could choose not to belch when answering.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre