Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Are you all using original DVD movies, or your own recordings? I tried Handbrake and a few others from CNET. I cant seem to get past copy protection. Legally you are able to make a copy of anything for your own use. I would love to know what software gets past this. Or what setting are to be used? .264....mp4...mpeg4...320x480?......yes, kinda novice with this. Any help is help appreciated!!!

IGO
    Look up slysoft or dvd43 on the net.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Are you all using original DVD movies, or your own recordings? I tried Handbrake and a few others from CNET. I cant seem to get past copy protection. Legally you are able to make a copy of anything for your own use. I would love to know what software gets past this. Or what setting are to be used? .264....mp4...mpeg4...320x480?......yes, kinda novice with this. Any help is help appreciated!!!

IGO
    Ditto. I get copy protected errors when Handbrake reads the source DVD. What gives?
    I tried using handbrake as well, but all I get is garbled up picture and sound. It won't play on my computer, and I get the same results transferring it to the Pre.

I just want to take some of my favorite DVD movies (all original of course) with me when I have some long boring down time.

Help!

I am running Windows 7 RC1 if that makes a difference.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    +1 for DVDFab...

I really like it and makes recoding a cinch!
    I just use the xvid4psp with the included iphone profile.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Doh! Went to sleep letting Streamclip do it's thing. Besides probably leaving a couple things a little higher then they need to be as a newb to this, my anti-virus started scanning too, and that killed what Streamclip was trying to do. 7 hours later and it's still working on the movie. With the A-V stopped it seems to have picked up the pace, but I think I will try yet another program for the next movie. 13% to go.
    Another for Handbrake as well. Works great, movies look great, and I can watch them on my Mac and my PC along with my Pre and Treo's too. Its pretty fast as well...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I use Handbrake on my Mac and it can rip DVDs perfectly, but I get copy protection errors when I try to rip the same DVD on my 64bit Vista machine...
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Another for Handbrake as well. Works great, movies look great, and I can watch them on my Mac and my PC along with my Pre and Treo's too. Its pretty fast as well...
    Handbrake is going to drive me nuts now. I will try it again, but after reading on the website I seem to be doing everything right, but when I hit convert to does nothing at all.
    handbrake doesn't seem to encode WMV -> MP4. am i missing something here?

if that is the case, what do you guys recommend is best for making a WMV -> MPG/AVI conversion?
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    handbrake doesn't seem to encode WMV -> MP4. am i missing something here?

if that is the case, what do you guys recommend is best for making a WMV -> MPG/AVI conversion?
    I use handbrake to convert AVI's to Mpeg4 with out any problems.. I haven't tried WMV, but I'll give it a go in a few..

Edit: Ok, I just converted a WMV to Mpeg4 with Handbrake. No problem.
    Last edited by Bigchris; 06/21/2009 at 01:26 PM.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I use handbrake to convert AVI's to Mpeg4 with out any problems.. I haven't tried WMV, but I'll give it a go in a few..

Edit: Ok, I just converted a WMV to Mpeg4 with Handbrake. No problem.
    no problem? either i'm missing a codec, my handbrake was not installed properly, or you're lying to me... but i trust you so i'll reinstall handbrake and report back.
    alright, this is what i'm getting in the stackdump:

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=007D0794
    eax=01DAC660 ebx=00000008 ecx=0000000A edx=007D10B0 esi=01D55910 edi=FFFFFFFE
    ebp=01DAC660 esp=1C41C9D8 program=C:\Program Files (x86)\HandBrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe, pid 3052, thread unknown (0xF60)
    cs=0023 ds=002B es=002B fs=0053 gs=002B ss=002B
    Stack trace:
    Frame Function Args
    01DAC660 007D0794 (00000000, 00000000, 80000000, 00000000)
    End of stack trace
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    All these mentoned are great. BUT, if your the kind of person that wants to convert a movie fast and easy use the link below. I have used this for years now and workr PERFECTLY. You can convert right of a dvd and make a 5 min clip and copy it to you pre and see if you like the quality. I make 450-500MB full movies and they look awsome.

Woth every penny.

¤¤ iPhone Movie - DVD to iPhone Video Converter 400% faster
    I just tried a demo. This worked very well. I just bought it. I also like the fact you can boost the audio volume in it's options.
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    no problem? either i'm missing a codec, my handbrake was not installed properly, or you're lying to me... but i trust you so i'll reinstall handbrake and report back.
    I'm using a Mac, so maybe that has something to do with it.. When I go to handbrake and click on source, then click on the movie I want to convert, it picks it and I hit start and it converts it..

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Ok, handbrake seems to be working fine for me now. Odd, I didn't do anything different but it is clearly working now. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
    Handbrake rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalNight View Post
    I use Handbrake with the iPhone setting.
    I didn't see it mentioned, but if you have a good fast Nvidia video card, Badaboom is one of the fastest transcoders I've seen. It uses the GPU processors and I can transcode a 2 hour movie from Xvid/Divx to mp4 in under 20 minutes. This is more of a recommendation for other Nvidia using PC gamers out there with the hardware that will work with Badaboom.
    Ok, I just don't get it...I use Handbrake, using the iphone preset, I tried having it convert to a Mp4 file using Mpeg4 ffmpeg, and this time around, at least I got some sound, but still no video at all? Is it because I am trying to rip straight from a DVD??
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Maybe something is better (faster,better IQ etc) - but I bought Catalyst 3 for the $10 and it's easy, has good quality and is fast enough for me. Very pleased.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast