1.    #1  
    With my phone locked with "simple PIN" I'm having issues with incoming calls. I get the call and see the "drag up to answer" thing. I answer the call, then the keypad comes up to enter my PIN to unlock the phone. Except it won't let me enter any numbers. It's just frozen. After about 3 seconds this goes away and the phone app appears except it's blue, indicating the phone is still locked. From here, the phone stays locked during the call and there is nothing I can do about it. I can't access my phone book, texts, etc. In fact, I can't even hang the call up. I have disabled the PIN lock for now pending a solution.

Anybody else have this issues or have suggestions? Thanks
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    With my phone locked with "simple PIN" I'm having issues with incoming calls. I get the call and see the "drag up to answer" thing. I answer the call, then the keypad comes up to enter my PIN to unlock the phone. Except it won't let me enter any numbers. It's just frozen. After about 3 seconds this goes away and the phone app appears except it's blue, indicating the phone is still locked. From here, the phone stays locked during the call and there is nothing I can do about it. I can't access my phone book, texts, etc. In fact, I can't even hang the call up. I have disabled the PIN lock for now pending a solution.

Anybody else have this issues or have suggestions? Thanks
    I have before yes. One time my wife ended up dialing 911 accidently, and i couldn't hang up or anything, and they stayed on the phone, i had to pull the battery.

Sometimes I can get the phone options to come up like speaker, mute, etc, even the hang up button, and there is a little lock at the bottom right corner if I want to actually unlock the phone, other times I get nothing but the lock screen like when you hit the power button.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I have before yes. One time my wife ended up dialing 911 accidently, and i couldn't hang up or anything, and they stayed on the phone, i had to pull the battery.

Sometimes I can get the phone options to come up like speaker, mute, etc, even the hang up button, and there is a little lock at the bottom right corner if I want to actually unlock the phone, other times I get nothing but the lock screen like when you hit the power button.
    I've done the same thing with 911 as well. Really annoying.
    Sorry late to the party...
    I've noticed this as well with my phone. Little buggy if you ask me..
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    I've done the same thing with 911 as well. Really annoying.
    Did it twice in one sitting... It's a tad cramped on the screen for the pin lock
    if i'm not mistaken, once the phone app comes up after you 'drag up to answer' (and after that 3 or so second delay) there's an "Unlock" button that you click at the bottom right of the phone app, then type the code to unlock...that sorta bugs me as well...now don't quote me on this because i can't call myself to test it but i think that's the only way to unlock it from an incoming call...let me know if that helps!!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    This happened to me as well including the call to 911!!
    same issue here..
    I haven't had this problem happen to me at all.
    i've never had a problem with incoming calls when the phone is locked... the simple pin works fine for me
    I really wish I could leave the phone more secure but last night I disabled the simple pin after I accidentally dialed 911. I thought I had hung up before the call went through (I hit the end call button very quickly) but apparently not as a 911 operator called me back to make sure I was ok. I don't want to be tying up vital resources with accidents. I hope palm makes a 911 button optional in the future. I had a similar issue with my blackberry curve so it isn't just a pre thing. However, I don't see why secure = emergency button on the screen.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg62184 View Post
    if i'm not mistaken, once the phone app comes up after you 'drag up to answer' (and after that 3 or so second delay) there's an "Unlock" button that you click at the bottom right of the phone app, then type the code to unlock...that sorta bugs me as well...now don't quote me on this because i can't call myself to test it but i think that's the only way to unlock it from an incoming call...let me know if that helps!!!
    I ran a few tests from my home phone to the Pre and this is how it works. After you've answered the call (which does not require entering the PIN), if you need to access something else on the phone you drag the unlock icon up, then select "Unlock" in the lower right corner and type in your PIN. That will unlock the phone so you can access it.
    I had the same problems using the simple pin ie almost calling 911. After switching to "Password" I haven't had that problem but do have to slide open the phone every time
    I hate the way the pin works on the pre.