1.    #1  
    Has anyone come across an issue where a message that is sent to you via your ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com address shows up as coming from 6245 (MAIL on phone keypad)? When trying to reply to the message, I get an error message indicating that the message cannot be sent (probably because the reply is going to 6245 instead of the email address). I've confirmed that I can manually send a message to an email address via text by typing in the address.

This appears to be a similar issue the spam messages mentioned on this thread, but the difference here is that I'd like to be able to directly reply to the sender via text-to-email.
    -Tony
    We are experiencing the same problem. I have one SMS thread for 6245 with four different messages from different email addresses. I can't reply to any of them without tapping on the email address and replying via email.

I just applied the update and it did not fix this problem.
    Last edited by woodyanderson; 06/19/2009 at 04:23 PM.
    Any resolution to this? why can't the message show up as a contact name when it comes from an email address? It should not show up as something like 6245 when it comes from an email address in the contacts.
    Are you getting any spam type e-mails?
    Can't wait for the updates!!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I get that message when I send something to myself by using (phonenumber)@messaging.sprintpcs.com.
  6.    #6  
    No resolution yet, but it looks like Sprint/Palm knows about the problem. This issue affects any messages sent to the #@messaging.sprintpcs.com address, including SPAM email-to-sms messages.
    -Tony
    Yeah, thanks for the info. After digging more I figured out why it does it, but too bad they don't have a solution yet, it's very annoying.
    Yep. I get this when my Wife emails me from her computer to my phone as an sms message.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Anyone have a fix for this yet?
    When someone sends texts to my Pre by emailing XXXXXXXXXX(at)messaging.sprintpcs.com (where the X's are your 10 digit cell number) the SMS comes in from #6245 and is not associated to a name or contact info (no picture, etc.) If you reply you will get an error return message #9230 "Your MSG could not be DELIVERED because Invaild Destination Account". I never had this issue on my Samsung M520. If the email address is listed at the top of the first text, tapping the email address opens up the email app and that is the only way to respond at the moment.

Hopefully this can be fixed to work how it did on older (lesser) phones - replies from the messaging app.

Also, today I got a message from #81292 offering me "Buccaneers season tix on sale now! Half season pkgs youth prices & pymnt plans avail 877-653-2827 or m.buccaneers.com/tix 4 info text OUT to stop". Annoying.
    Last edited by jgs9455; 07/22/2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: removed links under 10 posts
    Thanks for the info! I thought I was missing a simple step. This is pretty annoying!
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I got texts from 6245 daily until I:

1. logged onto my sprint.com account
    2. Click "my online tools"
    3. Enter "block text messages"
    4. Simply added 6245

Haven't gotten one in 3 weeks.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    JTexan -- but are you able to receive email-to-sms at all? We don't want to block these -- we want to receive them properly.
    You can receive and send emails from sms:

in the to field enter 6245

in the body of the message enter the email address of who you are sending the message to followed by a space. type the email subject followed by another space. then type your email.

the above is how to send emails via sms

to receive the sender just needs to send the email to: ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Last edited by fireiceman; 09/20/2009 at 11:00 PM.
    This issue has not been resolved in 1.2.0. While there is a workaround above, Palm really needs to allow Pre users to simply reply to a text sent from an email account.
  15.    #15  
    The workaround is great for single messages (you can also manually type an email address in the To field), but when you receive over a dozen text messages a day from multiple email addresses that need to be replied to, typing in the email each time isn't really an option. I think this is more frustrating because other devices handle Sprint's email gateway correctly.

It's also worth noting that this works correctly when using the emulator included with the SDK. Granted, it's a simulated text message generated with luna-send, but it shouldn't be that tough to parse the email address from live Sprint messages. Those Sprint messages always include the email as the first word in the text message.
    -Tony
    I recently got the motorola droid which runs android 2.0 and have also been experiencing this issue. When i try to open the text via notifications it opens a new blank text message to 6245. In order to actually view the text message (SMS) from the email address i have to go into my messages (where it shows the whole list of messages) and open the message from there.

Is there any solution that anyone has found to this issue?
  17.    #17  
    This issue was resolved with the Pre in version 1.3.1 of WebOS. My guess is that the fix would either involve work between the device maker and Verizon in your case (possible with OTA updats), or a third-party solution made by an Android developer.

Edit: The folks over at Android Central might have some ideas as well, since you are dealing with an Android device.
    -Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by VTTony View Post
    This issue was resolved with the Pre in version 1.3.1 of WebOS. My guess is that the fix would either involve work between the device maker and Verizon in your case (possible with OTA updats), or a third-party solution made by an Android developer.

Edit: The folks over at Android Central might have some ideas as well, since you are dealing with an Android device.
    Thanks for all your help :-)