Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    On the palm.com forum some guy with a loose slider when closed put some little padded rubber things that keeps it from moving. He took a picture of it as well. I tried the same last night with those little padded foam stickers that my daughter has. It kind of fixed the problem. My phone has just a 1mm give to the right and does not really bother me, but I just wanted to see if the padded sticker really worked.

Check it out.
    A link would of been nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    A link would of been nice.
    yea
    return...what if it breaks off. better replace it now
    I just posted a tutorial on how to fix the loose slider. You can see it HERE.

I'm in the same situation as you also. However, instead of getting used to it I fixed it to my best of capabilities (like the guy mention above). My modo is "Don't adapt, adapt it".
    Last edited by Rennat; 06/20/2009 at 12:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I can't remember how much oreo play I had when I got mine. I am wondering if I noticed it when I started reading about this and became paranoid. I am going to wait and see if it gets worse or have some other major problem. I have no gaps or any pixel problems. And with the amount of other problems people are returning their unit for I may want to hang on to this well working phone I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I just posted a tutorial on how to fix the loose slider. You can see it HERE.

I'm in the same situation as you also. However, instead of getting used to it I fixed it to my best of capabilities (like the guy mention above). My modo is "Don't adapt, adapt it".
    i tried this method, and it did not help me (then again i didnt want to put glue dots on my phone so i only tightened the screws).

personally, i wouldnt mind a bit of side to side, but i also have a gap. the phone just feels crappy and flimsy to me, every day is a battle to convince myself to keep it.
    i am having the slider issue, bad enough to see into the phone, and the white corners at the bottom of the screen. How common is the white corner issue?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I have some play in my slider when closed and can see "into" the shell, but other than that I have a great screen and the phone works great (only had it a day so I'm waiting for a few charge and decharge cycles of the battery before declaring how well it works).

I'm coming from a 1st gen iPhone, which is probably the pinnacle of build quality in cellular phones (even moreso than the current iPhones), so this is definitely a step back, but it seems on par with most of the other non-iPhone phones I've had. The only other slider I've owned was an original LG Chocolate, which I don't remember having too much play in the slider mechanism and lasted me a fairly long time.

I plan to get a Seidio Innocase when it becomes available and looking at it, it looks like it may help "stiffen" up the slider a little bit by adding some resistance at the joining.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12