1.    #1  
    I really like how the phone presents notifications. What is the real annoyance is how it deals with emails. If you have a new email and you read it on the computer first, then it no longer becomes a new email. But when you turn on the phone you still have the notification of a new email. Even if you delete the email on the computer the notification still shows up on the phone....It's not a big deal but just bothers me..It's like if you said something to the guys who designed it they would say..ooh yeah, good point..never thought about that.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I agree! I posted about this same thing the other day as well: http://forums.precentral.net/general...-dismisal.html
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Blackberry, probably the KING of push email.

It did the same thing. Not only that, but it would not let me decide what I wanted to do with deleted mails from the phone (ie: I want my gmail to get archived, not deleted)

I feel my Pre handles my email as good, and in some case a lot better than my BlackBerry did. This DEFINITELY includes the notification system (other than the fact you can't change the notification sound. My BBerry allowed me to have different rings for each inbox)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I agree... why don't we have an option to turn off those notifications. I also realized if I had notifications sitting unattended my phone would get extremely hot to the touch!
    Quote Originally Posted by gtacura View Post
    I agree... why don't we have an option to turn off those notifications. I also realized if I had notifications sitting unattended my phone would get extremely hot to the touch!
    You can, in fact, turn off notifications for any given inbox.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have my Show Notification set to Off under my gmail account but I still get the new email notification pop-ups on the bottom of the screen. Am I missing something else that I need to do?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Me too! I posted the same thing last week. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1672146

This is really one of my only gripes with the phone for now.
  8.    #8  
    If my iPhone and previous WM devices would update why couldn't the Pre..I think it's something that was overlooked