Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Why does your ISP show COX? Should be Sprint PCS if tethered...

Probably because he didn't turn off Wifi before the speedtest and the Pre sent the data out over Wifi to his ISP.
    Bluetooth-EVDO to Kansas City, MO ------------------- Bluetooth-EVDO to Ashburn, MD

Bluetooth-WiFi to Kansas City, MO ---------------------- Bluetooth-WiFi to Ashburn, MD

USB-EVDO to Kansas City, MO ------------------------------ USB-EVDO to Ashburn, MD

USB-WiFi to Kansas City, MO -------------------------------- USB-WiFi to Ashburn, MD

Laptop WiFi to Kansas City, MO --------------------------- Laptop WiFi to Ashburn, MD

Laptop WiFi to Dallas, TX

This is my results. I don't use the "gateway" method. I use a different method posted elsewhere on this forum.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    In my sig o=

Over Wifi. Love it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Interesting that a bluetooth connection is faster then a usb connection
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfox View Post
    Interesting that a bluetooth connection is faster then a usb connection
    That's absolutely not what decibel's tests above show.

ian
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I was able to play three matches of halo3 on xbox live with no lag thank god for tethering!!!
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    wi fi

My cable Comcast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    cant post the link yet. noobie.

WIFI Boston ma
    2.50 DOWN
    .26 up
    PING 88MS
    Just hooked my pre up, I couldn't get the USB tethering to work. Would USB be faster?

Quote Originally Posted by libraryguy72 View Post
    Just hooked my pre up, I couldn't get the USB tethering to work. Would USB be faster?

Not for me, it was almost identical. I only use usb if I need to charge which is rare as I have the TS in my truck.

usb

wifi

Doug
    Last edited by 2sslow; 08/13/2009 at 07:53 PM.
    From Manchester, NH after I got it working - I used the server Speedtest.net suggested. It was about the same for 3 runs. Times were a little less when I used the server in Manchester. Pretty amazing!
    Mytether: [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just got it working:

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    In San Francisco yesterday I was getting ~840down / 750 up.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    I would like to see people's download speeds over BT tethering -- for those that have followed the directions like those posted HERE on Engadget (amoung other places)

Please keep the posts about "how did you tether" off of this thread. I would like to see download speeds.

Please note that I am in the Colorado Rocky Mountains right now and the cabin I'm in doesn't have WiFi so this is pure my thether. I'm neither happy or disapointed simply because I didn't expect my phone to work and seriously I've been on roam this entire time unless I'm in town then it'll go in and out.

The craziest thing is that my wife's Instinct S30 get's reception were I can't. I'm just glad I got it to work cause it simply would for a while there. Back to Nature, I'll get back to real world on Monday... Ugg work!

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I'm doing about 800k down at my house which often switches to 1X - R to give you an idea of my crap signal. I really need an AirRave here or whatever it is called, but the reality is as bad as that sounds, it's not a big deal. Voice calls work, and I prefer my home WiFi for data anyway.

I've gotten the same/similar speeds on BT, USB and WiFi. My wife used it the other night on a long drive for about an hour in fairly rural PA, no issues but we did switch to 1X quite a bit and were at or close to dialup speeds as a result.

Overall, this is a nice tool to use while traveling without having to search out a hotspot. If I have a lot of data to move, I'll find a Boingo hotspot which is faster and doesn't work against my cap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    can i have a step by step guide to tethering my pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by dndeals View Post
    can i have a step by step guide to tethering my pre?
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...fi-usb-bt.html
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast