1.    #1  
    In this community, how much demand is there for a clock to support World Time?

I know that the basic clock app that came out w/ the v2 update will probably be updated to have more features (hopefully), and probably more customization, but I wonder whether Palm will see the need for a decent clock app that includes world time zones, or dual time, so you can watch two time zones at the same time.
    Bringing back the clock that was on the Centro would be nice! It was like what you describe - a map of the world with where the sun/night currently is and you could watch two time zones at once (you choose whichever ones you wanted and they would be side-by-side under the map). It also had an alarm clock that was easy to set (the time chooser was the usual PalmOS time chooser, like the calendar and all had).
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I think this kind of thing is something people will have to develop for themselves. developing has never been this easy, and a world clock should be a piece of cake.

Palm will hopefully spend their time on more serious issues.
    I e-mailed Code City about them developing a Web OS version of City Time, they said they had no plans to do it, except they said a web version.
    Maybe they haven't heard about the new OS yet?
    Doubt it.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I e-mailed Code City about them developing a Web OS version of City Time, they said they had no plans to do it, except they said a web version.
    Maybe they haven't heard about the new OS yet?
    Doubt it.
    I also emailed Code City, but I was interested in their CityTime Alarms app, which is an excellent large-display alarm clock & timer. One of the main features I like about it is that it also shows seconds, whick most phone clocks won't do for some reason...

Unfortunately I got the same response. They have no plans to make a WebOS version.

What's that you said about a web version? Can you elaborate on what that means?
    I just either add or subtract the hours from my current time. Works really well.

:-)

Suns ups and downs is in a couple of weather sites & I believe in our weather app too.
    go to date and time
    click network time zone to off
    pick your country

doesnt need an app for that
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    I also emailed Code City, but I was interested in their CityTime Alarms app, which is an excellent large-display alarm clock & timer. One of the main features I like about it is that it also shows seconds, whick most phone clocks won't do for some reason...

Unfortunately I got the same response. They have no plans to make a WebOS version.

What's that you said about a web version? Can you elaborate on what that means?
    They said Web instead of Web OS. I figure they just forgot the OS.
    A world clock would look awesome on the Pre, especially in landscape.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    World Clock apps are cool but I found that I never used them. I do business in four different time zones and knowing what time it is in each zone is just second nature now.
    I used Megasoft2000 - MegaClock on my Centro all the time. I am really missing it right now (I am not paying $30 for classic).
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    please Palm bring back the world clock like I had on the centro!
    I totally agree! The PalmOS clock was indispensible to me, as it catered really well for Summer time in each city. I do business in multiple time zones, and travel several months per year, so knowing what time it is where -- WITH daylight saving time -- is essential. Also, having it tied to the alarm clock and displaying 3 zones is fantastic.
    I thought about it last week, but I don't see if there is serious demand of this kind of apps right now.

If takes time to develop it (not too much, but interface matters, and it has work to do), and I'm seriously concerned about the download rate of an app like this.
    Do a search of the forums, as there are multiple longstanding requests for a world clock app, a la the old PalmOS version, along with discussion. Also, check the official App Catalog as well as the homebrew gallery for several pretty decent world clocks apps that are PRESENTLY AVAILABLE.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000