Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Palm Pre UserVoice site is now live at http://pre.uservoice.com. This site is a new tool for the Palm Pre user community to submit, track and vote on feature requests, bugs, etc. There are no ads, and registration is not required to vote. Simply share your ideas and vote up the best! If and when a feature request is implemented, it will be marked as completed and archived. Stay up to date with RSS or email based activity updates.

The site was born out of the need to better organize, structure and prioritize the many feature requests that are somewhat scattered among current forum threads. With enough activity and interest, Palm would be invited to assume administration of the site long-term.

If you have ideas to improve pre.uservoice.com, share them here. CAST YOUR VOTES!
    Last edited by odditory; 06/18/2009 at 11:55 PM.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
  2.    #2  
    Screenshot:

Last edited by odditory; 06/18/2009 at 07:48 PM.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    Never heard of this site before, but it looks like a fantastic idea.

I signed up...
    Excellent! We've been needing a centralized place for this. We need to advertise this on the big Palm Pre sites so it gets lots of votes.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Excellent! We've been needing a centralized place for this. We need to advertise this on the big Palm Pre sites so it gets lots of votes.
    If you can help spread the word that's great!
    Last edited by odditory; 06/18/2009 at 07:58 PM.
    they need to sticky this, not that i wont create another thread with my wants.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Bump because it just might help.
    sweet
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Thanks for doing this! I put in my votes, might reshuffle them later. I REALLY hope Palm is watching.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by odditory View Post
    The Palm Pre UserVoice site is now live at http://pre.uservoice.com. The site is a new tool for the Palm Pre user community to submit, track and vote on feature requests, bugs, etc. There are no ads, and registration is not required to vote. Simply share your ideas and vote up the best! If and when a feature request is implemented, it will be marked as completed, and archived.

The site was born out of the need to better organize, structure and prioritize the many feature requests that are somewhat scattered among current forum threads. With enough activity and interest, Palm would be invited to assume administration of the site long-term.

If you have ideas to improve pre.uservoice.com, please share them in this thread.
    Great site... THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    I added an idea/request to add an option to push email during a set timeframe (M-F, 8am-8pm) and all other times manually. This was an option on my Treo and was disappointed that it disappeared. :-(

Vote on it if you agree! - Option to push email during set timeframes (8am-8pm, M-F) then manually all other times.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by helenrips View Post
    I added an idea/request to add an option to push email during a set timeframe (M-F, 8am-8pm) and all other times manually. This was an option on my Treo and was disappointed that it disappeared. :-(

Vote on it if you agree! - Option to push email during set timeframes (8am-8pm, M-F) then manually all other times.
    VOTED! Here's a question - would you also like a separate ability to schedule the phone to turn off and on at certain times (ie Off at Midnight, On at 7 A.M. Mon-Fri)? some other phones handle it that way (ie blackberry) and it helped stretch the battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by odditory View Post
    VOTED! Here's a question - would you also like a separate ability to schedule the phone to turn off and on at certain times (ie Off at Midnight, On at 7 A.M. Mon-Fri)? some other phones handle it that way (ie blackberry) and it helped stretch the battery life.
    Meh, the only middle of the night calls I get are either emergencies or funny drunken phone calls.

I have noticed that my battery drains down to 37% from a close to full charge overnight (~11 hours with BT, wifi, GPS on) and I've learned to turn all those extra things off overnight, which is a little better.

I think everyone wants to customize and personalize it completely so the more options, the better. :-)
    This is absolutely awesome! Can someone who has an account on the official Palm forums bring this to their attention? It would be so awesome for them to be able to see all of our ideas in one spot
    This is great!!! I voted and I hope Palm listens.
    Fantastic idea...just registered to show the love.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gab6565 View Post
    This is absolutely awesome! Can someone who has an account on the official Palm forums bring this to their attention? It would be so awesome for them to be able to see all of our ideas in one spot
    "If you vote it, they will come."

Put another way, with enough user interest, once it's into the thousands of votes and things approach critical mass, they probably won't want to look away. major companies are already leveraging user-driven feedback, so it may be a wise choice for them.
    Last edited by odditory; 06/18/2009 at 10:20 PM.
    Email search! email is useless without search!

http://pre.uservoice.com/pages/21043...3-email-search
    I got a couple of votes in before something went wrong and got this:

Something went wrong.

Sorry about that! We've been notified about this issue, and will take a look at it shortly.

Maybe that's a good sign? Overwhelming traffic?

If there's persistent problems, you could always use Google Moderator.

-n8
    Last edited by natrixgli; 06/18/2009 at 10:47 PM.
    Cool! I voted but I will put some thoughts that I posted in a similar thread into this one:

I want to advocate that to move the cursor, you should be able to press and hold the button, and simultaneously swipe over left or right (with the other hand) to move the cursor over one character at a time. I can usually place the cursor one to two characters away and this would be immensely helpful. Then you can hold the button and drag your finger to select the text. Of course, you should be able to copy any text. Palm, make it happen!

Oh...I would like the button to turn on the device if they incorporate a press + drag right or left into the gesture area to activate the device. I also want a pattern unlock like Android's. It doesnt have to be a 3 x 3 grid...maybe a 2 x 2 that incorporates a diagonal drag to increase combination possibilities. Again, Palm, make it happen!

Bluetooth & Wifi file transfer
    Contact categorization
    Ability to invite contacts to calendar events (currently, you can only view)
    Naming of Launcher pages
    Video Recording
    More time-interval options for alerts/reminders
    File Explorer (like FileZ or Resco Explorer)
    Flash!!!!! (I know its coming, but until its here, I can ask for it)
    Customizeable alert sounds and notification lights
    Better Call log
    Software Horizontal keyboard
    API for skins
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast