Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    great review
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I haven't seen too many reviews coming from a Blackberry user perspective, so this was nice. I liked his comparison of the keyboard and multi-tasking, but he really didn't go into that much detail comparing his experience with BB vs. the Pre. It read more like a typical review rather than one coming from a Blackberry perspective.
    I like that review too - pointed out the strengths and weaknesses in a balanced way. Much better than the PhoneArena fanboi pep rally review.
    after several more positive statements in the comments section below the article, the crackberry addicts had to make an appearance to set the internet straight.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    This guy is dead on. WebOS is what Blackberry OS 5 should have been. Instead RIM gave us OS 4 with touchscreen support added in the same manner as bubble gum to the bottom of a shoe.
    Trust me.. RIM is going to jump away from the storm as fast as they can. I have one.. and the Pre is 1000000000 times better out of the box then the Storm was.. and yes the storm has major battery issues... yes LOTS of units with unresponsive screen... Yes EVERY single unit has light bleed down by the buttons.. and yes there is a big gap around the screen that large amounts of dust settle into, yes they just updated a laggy, memory leak prone(even without apps installed) took them 6 months for first update! I hope Palm is quicker to update!

Plus all the employees stock options!!! They should be motivated!!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Hi folks,

As the author of the Maximus article I thought I would post a short note here. I do appreciate the comments and suggestions.

I certainly got a little heat from my CrackBerry comrades - but I expected this. I did say that I am not yet ready to give up my BlackBerry as my primary device.

I am definitely more of "why can't we all get along kind of guy" not and absolute one way or the other - when it comes to these devices.

My business partner and I develop training materials for BlackBerrys - that's our bread and butter so to speak. The Pre seems to me to be the first device outside of a BlackBerry to potential be adopted in the enterprise market - so we are developing for the Pre as well. It has great potential and I stand by all I wrote in the article.

There are Billions of Smartphone customers out there - there is room for another platform and it is exciting that WebOS and the Pre have such potential.

Gary Mazo
    Made Simple Learning
    That review echoes my feelings - it's the best combo of iPhone and Blackberry in one device.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  9. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gary Mazo View Post
    Hi folks,

As the author of the Maximus article I thought I would post a short note here. I do appreciate the comments and suggestions.

I certainly got a little heat from my CrackBerry comrades - but I expected this. I did say that I am not yet ready to give up my BlackBerry as my primary device.

I am definitely more of "why can't we all get along kind of guy" not and absolute one way or the other - when it comes to these devices.

My business partner and I develop training materials for BlackBerrys - that's our bread and butter so to speak. The Pre seems to me to be the first device outside of a BlackBerry to potential be adopted in the enterprise market - so we are developing for the Pre as well. It has great potential and I stand by all I wrote in the article.

There are Billions of Smartphone customers out there - there is room for another platform and it is exciting that WebOS and the Pre have such potential.

Gary Mazo
    Made Simple Learning
    loved your review and couldnt agree more with you
    the next few years will certainly be interesting
    Welcome to the forums!
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    gonna read this
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    great review
    +1

Should do a followup review after next update.
    Hi folks,

Gary Mazo
    Made Simple Learning
    just curious, Gary; did you get your phone at the Sprint store in Hyannis by the Naked Oyster or the old Nextel store on 28 in Yarmouth? trying to relate my buying experience.
    Hi folks,

Gary Mazo
    Made Simple Learning
    Gary,

I agree with your review.
    I have been a Blackberry user for ten years (since the pager sized monochrome days), and my last BB was the Storm (purchased on launch day).

The BB has stellar battery life, and seamless exchange integration, but very little else.

I hated the click screen, the phone interface, many bugs that still have not been addressed after being on the market for almost eight months, and most of all, the browser is a mind boggling contraption that defies logic.

I could not be happier with the Pre. It puts the Storm to shame in almost every aspect, and this device is not even two weeks old...

Neurobit
    Last edited by Neurobit; 06/18/2009 at 09:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Hi folks,

Gary Mazo
    Made Simple Learning
    Hey Gary,

Way to give an unbiased review. w00t
    Good review, too many quotations lol
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    just curious, Gary; did you get your phone at the Sprint store in Hyannis by the Naked Oyster or the old Nextel store on 28 in Yarmouth? trying to relate my buying experience.
    I went to the main Sprint Store in Hyannis.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Not a "bad" review, but the "author" tends to "use" quotation marks too much. It was very "distracting" for me to try to "read" the article with all of those "damned" quotes.
    After a dismal beginning to the week, thinking it was hopeless and that due to battery life (lack of) on the pre that I'd be banished back to the slow, clunky BB curve again, I've got to say that Sprint and Palm impressed me yesterday. Not only has the life improved dramatically over the last 4 days, but the GM at the Sprint store yesterday advised that not only is it true that the battery improves over the first 2 weeks of charging, but that as has been talked about here already, there is a significant over the air update coming in the next week that will further improve the phone.

Thank you Palm for saving me from the blackberry doldrums.
    Well I'm back to my BB Bold after owning a Pre and could not be happier.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast