Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Well I'm back to my BB Bold after owning a Pre and could not be happier.
    Why?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    This review is way better than their other article: Top 8 Reasons Why Palm Pre’s Got Nothin’ on BlackBerry. Embarrassing even by fanboy standards.
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    This review is way better than their other article: Top 8 Reasons Why Palm Pre’s Got Nothin’ on BlackBerry. Embarrassing even by fanboy standards.
    Yea I read that one, and thought it was flat out horrible.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    The first comment below the review that the OP linked to stunk badly. Saying that WebOS is NOT a game changer made him lose all credibility in my book. This OS, even in it's infancy, has shown to be leaps and bounds better in multitasking than anything else - including BB. It allows you to get more done and almost gives the feel of a PC. That, my friend, is a game changer.
    Pretty cool that you're still on a Pre forum there guy.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Are you still utilizing the Flow-Bee? Love the avatar!!
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by thepalmuser View Post
    Pretty cool that you're still on a Pre forum there guy.
    Hey there fella I have owned many many Palm decices from the Handspring to the Treo 600 to the Pre. I like their products and like to stay educated and current. Your logic suggests the only people allowed here are Pre users and fanbois. That's crazy IMO.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I used to have a curve and while I really like BB's and their are very solid phones, the pre is definitely more my style.
    Quote Originally Posted by gary Mazo View Post
    ... As the author of the Maximus article I thought I would post a short note here. ...
    Thanks for your review and your comment here on our board. It was sad for me to read about your buying experience. I live in Boston, and ended up buying my Pre (on opening day) in Shrewsbury,MA (very near Worcester, MA). I had to drop my son off at a science fair by 8am, so waiting for any store to open was out of the question. After I had my son all set, I googled for a local store using the wifi in the cafeteria at the Worcester Technical High School. (BTW, this school seems to really have it's act together curriculum wise. They are a vo-tech school, but instead of teaching traditional trades, there teaching many high-tech careers and competing (very favorably) for upcoming grants in biotech, etc.) Well back to the story, there was a "Ready Now" store who said they still had Pre's when I called them around 9:30am. I drove the two miles and was greeted outside the store, given an opportunity to test-drive a Pre on display, and I only had to wait in-store behind two gentlemen who were buying 2 Pre's on one account. Within 5-10 minutes, I was speaking with the sales rep who was able to provision my plan exactly as how I had wished, and without any errors. She showed me how to do everything on the phone, and I was out of there around 10:30 am. I was totally impressed with the new Sprint that I was seeing! (My estimate is that might have had a shipment of maybe 50 phones.) I guess Hyannis was probably the best place "on cape" to go. Too bad they were given such a measly allotment! Anyway, your article seemed very balanced, and I hope it serves as a wake-up call to RIM. I can only see a the "blackberry that you envision" as only helping all the carriers as well as consumers!

thanks again for your review and for stopping by our part of the web,
    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Hey there fella I have owned many many Palm decices from the Handspring to the Treo 600 to the Pre. I like their products and like to stay educated and current. Your logic suggests the only people allowed here are Pre users and fanbois. That's crazy IMO.
    So you owned a Pre for less than 2 weeks, took it back, and went back to a BB.... care to explain other than implying your disappointment with the device by saying you've never in your existence been a happier little boy with your storm?
    Quote Originally Posted by thepalmuser View Post
    So you owned a Pre for less than 2 weeks, took it back, and went back to a BB.... care to explain other than implying your disappointment with the device by saying you've never in your existence been a happier little boy with your storm?
    I have a Blackberry Bold, not a Storm.

Anyhow, the "little boy" reference is pretty tacky.

The Bold fits my needs better. I owned the Pre for 10 days and that was 100% enough for me to determine it isn't for me. It's not the OS (webOS is wonderful) rather it's more about hardware. The keyboard was pretty bad (compared to the Bold's kb), I was constantly worried about an internal screen crack, the signal/Sprint's reception is horrendous where I work, on my commute, and at my home. Also the battery life was dangerous. If I wasn't near a power source all day I'd drain it dry. Not good when you have to dial into an important conference call.

There's just something refreshing about the speed which I can use my BB Bold. An email comes in, I open it, hit "R", tap out a quick reply and it's gone. No fumbling with a slider or tapping on the screen, etc. Plus the speakerphone on the Bold is crazy loud and clear...which isn't something I can say about the Pre. The Pre's speaker is very tinny and low (GPS in the car was inaudible).

Of course a lot of these things can and will be addressed with software updates, but I had 30 days to commit and after 10 I realized the hardware needs to be revised for it to work for me.

So maybe my reasons are ridiculous, but it's my take. I'm very interested in the GSM version of the webOS device or perhaps the Pre II, but for now the BB Bold is a pretty good alternative.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12