Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Thought you might like to see this
    Nice! The Pre really shines when it comes to web browsing speed and email.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    where i'm at, it seems that my roommates iphone is a little quicker on the web browsing. Certainly alot quicker when it comes to just navigating apps. even simple things like oping the calculator and phone dialer are Well behind his iphone. i'm not getting this 'pre is quicker' stuff. and battery life, my god hands down, apple wins.

dont get me wrong i pretty much love my pre but i'm feeling a little down about all this. hows your guys speeds holding up against your buddy's iphones?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    My friend that owns a fruit phone sent that vid to me. I was expecting the fruit to kill the Pre. But as you can see it was a purely unscientific experiment.
    The pre is terrible on startup for sure. I experience that slow startup also. Just sits there glowing lol.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Pre's OS is much more complex than iPhone's so you would expect it to take much longer to boot up. But do you ever turn off your phone anyway? Start-up time doesn't mean a hill of beans to me!

On the flip-side:
    I have full signal EV Do Rev A in my area right now. I just ran speed tests on two different websites: mobilespeedtest.com and dslreports.com/mspeed my results were 2.34 Mbps and 1364 Kbps! These speeds seem absurdly fast for 3G connectivity, but I can't argue with results. The highest I have ever seen on iPhone's At&t is 400 Kbps! You guys visit the websites and test your 3G speeds.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I just tested mine. "Transferred 512 KB in 1.383 seconds."

My current bandwidth reading is:

2.89 Mbps
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Yeah the startup on the Pre is extremely long, but I'm sure it will get shorter as the OS matures.
    More people have been replying about this topic on this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-than-3gs.html
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001