Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Needs a little more features like bookmarks but I love how good the quality is over 3G.
    I find myself switching to the regular web version so I can use the sort feature.
    it's nice. but I wish Kinoma really comes out with a version for webOS
    Quality wise its really good, probably using h.264. Makes sprintv look like dookie.

Do wish it had login support to show subscriptions etc. but at least you can hit the homepage up. No way to comment on anything though.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Quality wise its really good, probably using h.264. Makes sprintv look like dookie.

Do wish it had login support to show subscriptions etc. but at least you can hit the homepage up. No way to comment on anything though.

you can open up youtube on the browser. If you scroll to the bottom, there is a link that says "desktop version." Then it's just like youtube on your pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by absoludacris View Post
    you can open up youtube on the browser. If you scroll to the bottom, there is a link that says "desktop version." Then it's just like youtube on your pc.
    I tried doing that, when going to the Desktop Youtube site, and going to a video, it immediately runs the YouTube App and plays the video if available.

I too, would like to see some additional features... Like login support, commenting and bookmarking.
    I agree, Pre's Youtube quality is much better than the Tmobile G1. I played the same clip side by side and you will readily notice the big difference. And to think that G1 is made by GOOGLE,
    Quote Originally Posted by rlphrss View Post
    it's nice. but I wish Kinoma really comes out with a version for webOS
    HERE HERE!!! I miss my Orb
    I like to listen to audio lectures with my bluetooth wireless headphones on and my Pre in my belt case. This works great with the audio and video players, but I can't figure out how to turn off the screen with the YouTube app. As soon as I turn off the screen it pauses the video. I can't leave the screen on as the touchscreen goes haywire and starts pausing and fast forwarding etc. as soon as it's slid into the case (probably the magnet in the case holding it shut). Anyone have a fix?
    googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/04/download-youtube-videos-as-mp4-files.html]Download YouTube Videos as MP4 Files

Just go to this link, bookmark the "Get Youtube Video" link or add it to favorites if using a internet explorer. When watching a video on youtube, click the "Get Youtube Video" in the bookmarks bar and a pop up window will automatically ask to download the video. Download it, Rename It, Drag It To Your Pre, and there you go!
    OMfG Thx's so Much.!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kdabest9 View Post
    googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/04/download-youtube-videos-as-mp4-files.html]Download YouTube Videos as MP4 Files

Just go to this link, bookmark the "Get Youtube Video" link or add it to favorites if using a internet explorer. When watching a video on youtube, click the "Get Youtube Video" in the bookmarks bar and a pop up window will automatically ask to download the video. Download it, Rename It, Drag It To Your Pre, and there you go!
    Why wouldn't you just stream the vid on your prefrom youtube to begin with?
    Quote Originally Posted by locd32 View Post
    +1

Thanks for the option, though!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    realplayer sp beta has a download this video icon that appears over any video on the net. plus has a file converter built in. their is a whole list of phones to choose from. just click on the phone then it converts. that easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Sometimes the Pre you tube app doesn't find all the videos you KNOW exist. Also, sometimes (for some people) the reception on the Pre is left wanting as has been remarked on time and again in this forum. These two issues make streaming videos from the you tube app a hit or miss experience. (IMHO and experience)

Also, some people might want to email the actual file. Just some thoughts.

But I agree, for most, this isn't a deal breaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-to-be View Post
    realplayer sp beta has a download this video icon that appears over any video on the net. plus has a file converter built in. their is a whole list of phones to choose from. just click on the phone then it converts. that easy.
    Man I just looked at the demo of Realplayer SP and it looks really sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    Sometimes the Pre you tube app doesn't find all the videos you KNOW exist.
    If you know a video exists and it's not showing up in the YouTube app for some reason, then it would be much simpler to just go to YouTube (either regular or mobile version) in the browser app and bring it up there. The YouTube app will load when you click on the video.

Also, sometimes (for some people) the reception on the Pre is left wanting as has been remarked on time and again in this forum. These two issues make streaming videos from the you tube app a hit or miss experience. (IMHO and experience)
    If the person using the Pre is having constant reception issues preventing them from using the YouTube app, then they have bigger issues than not being able to watch a YouTube video.
    Sometimes the Pre you tube app doesn't find all the videos you KNOW exist. Also, sometimes (for some people) the reception on the Pre is left wanting as has been remarked on time and again in this forum. These two issues make streaming videos from the you tube app a hit or miss experience. (IMHO and experience)

Also, some people might want to email the actual file. Just some thoughts.

But I agree, for most, this isn't a deal breaker.
    I didnt originally say that...I just echoed it.

And the reason why it doesnt find it is because the YouTube app defaults to "Most Popular".

Like I said, good to have this option, as there has been a way to do this for awhile...if you wanted.
    When I sent a Video file from Pre to the private mobile user addr to Toutube it sent backk this message...

{ Upload Failed
    We failed to find a video file from your email/mms. Please try it again.
    - The YouTube Team }

We tried again, and then with different email to same upload addr. Then tried with two addr's in email, one to someone else and other to youtube.
    ...Got same message from Youtube, but other addr got the video?

Is Youtube Snubbing Pre? Or is this just another Youtube meltdown, or mobile thing.

Who has had luck getting Vids from Pre or other Palm's straight to Youtube lately?
    But wait, pre doesnt have video capture. Why are you putting vids on youtube through the pre?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast