Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pre does play videos. And is there some reason why we shouldn't send video to Youtube that was sent to us from another phone? In this case another Palm?

How about main problem
    oh, okay, that makes sense.
    Is it simply incompatibility with some video formats or is there an issue with Palm Pre playing some Youtube videos? I am using the latest webos 1.1.0 version. I see an error stating "there was an error playing this file".

Please help.

Thanks.
    Last edited by palmpre06062009; 07/25/2009 at 06:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    is it simply incompatibility with some video formats or is there an issue with palm pre playing some youtube videos? I am using the latest webos 1.1.0 version. I see an error stating "there was an error playing this file".

Please help.

Thanks.
    can someone help
    reset the phone. I had that issue yesterday after viewing the nfl app videos youtube wouldn't work and a reset fixed the issue. Annoying but should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    reset the phone. I had that issue yesterday after viewing the nfl app videos youtube wouldn't work and a reset fixed the issue. Annoying but should work.
    It didn't work. I can play many of the videos. Just not all of them.
    I had the same issue, i just kept reopening the video until it played, worked most of the time not all of it
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    I had the same issue, i just kept reopening the video until it played, worked most of the time not all of it
    It doesn't work.
    Went to google news. Saw youtube link in browser. Click drop down menu. Blackness. Went to precentral posted new thread.

I guess this feature will be included in the nest update too.
    The browser should open the link in the youtube player on the phone but unfortunately it doesn't work all the time.

Palm's new ad Slogan should be "That will get fixed in an update"

Well at least PreCentral's since that is one of the most commonly used phrases.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Yeah... when you click on an youtube link, they get opened in the youtube app. Some won't links won't open because of some compatibility issue but most are fine.
    You won't be able to watch YouTube vids in your browser until flash comes out - theoretically at least.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Youtube released a new mobile site. Works on the Pre. Just go to youtube.com on your phone.

This will be great when we get video!

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    There's a youtube app on the phone. What do we need a website for?
    Not to mention that YouTube recognizes the Pre's browser as a desktop browser.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    It might be useful it it brought up the player. Instead of bringing up the app
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    There's a youtube app on the phone. What do we need a website for?
    because you can't sign into your account with App.
    this came out weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    because you can't sign into your account with App.
    Ahhhh....Actually I haven't noticed that.. Ok well i guess that's great then!!
    I am having big problems with my pre. When I first got it was awesome I could watch videos use Pandora other apps like flixster now all I get is errors. My phone is starting to get cracks in the bottom right corner so I went to the sprint store today to see about getting it replaced they told me I would have to wait till the cracks get bigger for them to replace it witch sucks. So i asked about the Internet problems they told me just to take my battery out tried it it worked great till I got home. Started again so took the battery out again and it still dos it its started powering down on me a few times today also when I close the keyboard. My Internet works fine when I use wifi though. I love my pre have to have it working right any advice anyone can give as to what I should do.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast