Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm sure most of you have heard of Flickr, and many of you are users. While billing itself as, "almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world" may seem over the top, it's actually pretty accurate. Many of you might be aware of the iPhones epic popularity on Flickr, ranking among the top-5 cameras being used on Flickr as reported in stories on CNet and elsewhere.

Well, the Pre certainly isn't going to knock off the iPhone atop Flickr's chart anytime soon, but I think we should give it a run for its money. If you look at the camera finder, and scroll to the bottom, you'll see the top 5 camera phones on Flickr. We're going to get onto that list.

Right now, the #5 phone is a Sony Ericsson shooter, with around 300 users uploading photos each day. The Palm Pre, after little more than a week, has had 60-100 users each day for the past 4 or 5 days.

So you see what we need to do work our way onto that list. With the hundreds of users reading this forum, we can very quickly knock off the 580wi and maybe even take down a couple Blackberry phones which feature ~500 users/day. The Nokia N95 is next at ~900 users each day. After that, we'd be #2 to the iPhone.

I think we'll get there with time regardless, but it would be a big story if we could move up the chart so quickly. If you're not already a Flickr member, please join it's free. Just upload 1 photo taken with the Palm Pre each day (easiest way is using upload by email). Also feel free to join the Palm Pre group on Flickr and add your photos to that group, too.

Now take a photo and send it to Flickr each day.
  2. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I'm in!
    Uploaded two. Now if Palm would integrate flickr into their photos app so I don't have to email. On a side note, the GPS tag seems to be quite off when I select "add to my map." Anyone else have these problems?
    in!
  5.    #5  
    Excellent! I'll post an update once the numbers are in this afternoon.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Just put up two... I would love it if it was integrated into the photos app...
    figured it would hurt to slap a few up
    For any who don't know, once you have a flickr account, go to this page:

http://www.flickr.com/account/uploadbyemail/

And get your personal email address to email photos straight to flickr. Make a Flickr contact with that address and it makes uploading *almost* as easy as if there was an integrated flickr uploader like the facebook/photobucket ones.
    ok i'm in!
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post

And get your personal email address to email photos straight to flickr. Make a Flickr contact with that address and it makes uploading *almost* as easy as if there was an integrated flickr uploader like the facebook/photobucket ones.

Ah, cool, thanks.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post

Thanks! I said the same thing, but you said it much more effectively.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I totally agree. I love Flickr. My only complaint is i cannot assign it to a set right be email.

My Wallpapers on Flickr
    My first photo from my Pre on Flickr

Pre Info & Palm Pre Pictures @ Flickr!
  13.    #13  
    Well, you can (kinda) if you tag your photo in the upload process and use something like

dopiaza.org

to automatically create sets based on your tags.
  14.    #14  
    OK, we went from 67 users yesterday to 73 users today. That's good, but we have to do a lot better than that.

Thanks for contributing, try to convince other Preople to join in, too.
    Just sent 3 pictures of my dogs. Very simple. Been meaning to get setup on Flickr anyway.
    I Posted this on another palm pre forum, which isn't as big, but still gets quite a bit of traffic, I wont post the name of the forums, for obvious reasons.

I quoted you, and said

source: jakerome

then i also quoted you neodorian, and also give the credit to your post to you.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I have had camera phones for a many years but never really used the camera too much - other than taking photos of my contacts. With this thread, you have appealed to my over developed competitive gene, and this morning I nearly dropped my Pre in the Hudson while taking shots from the top deck of the ferry
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Love the camera on this thing. I post a few pics yesterday in your group. I'll try to keep it up. Can't believe there are only 73 of us...
  19.    #19  
    Thanks all. The Flickr day ends at 5 PM PDT (Midnight GMT), so only have another 4.5 hours to upload stuff for today. Let's break 100 today and really fire away by the weekend!
    Uploaded five or six pix, ill be uploading whenever I take pics!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast