Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I really dislike when my screen is locked and I receive a call, I can't see the caller ID clearly around the unlock button and 'safety rings'.

I still love the phone, but I wonder if they will do something about that.
    I have had some issues when I unlock the phone when a call is coming in adds a delay when I can say hello. I don't recall having any issues with seeing the caller id but I will pay attention to it next call I get.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I actually agree with both of you. The screen unlock gets in the way of seeing the caller id and when I do get a call, there's a significant delay in loading the phone app and being able to say hello. I hope they fix this in the next firmware. Not a dealbreaker, but a nice to have...
    Sure there will be a gazillion ways to (app) lock your phone in the future.

Just wanted you to try getting a call on bluetooth. Digging for thay to answer call bit no response cause I have to unlock it. Not sure if my wife lockd the screen down and didn't care... I just turned off the bt. Ill play with it again but the lock seems to delay calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Sure there will be a gazillion ways to (app) lock your phone in the future.

Just wanted you to try getting a call on bluetooth. Digging for thay to answer call bit no response cause I have to unlock it. Not sure if my wife lockd the screen down and didn't care... I just turned off the bt. Ill play with it again but the lock seems to delay calls.
    I have no issues with my BT in my call answering calls, but i dont know how it does with a BT headset b/c i dont use one (have one, just hate it b/c mine sucks *** and is like 3-4 years old)
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcivic View Post
    I really dislike when my screen is locked and I receive a call, I can't see the caller ID clearly around the unlock button and 'safety rings'.

I still love the phone, but I wonder if they will do something about that.
    Yes, its terrible. We need to complain.. have you sent your suggestions to Palm yet? They have an official feedback form.

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    I certainly agree.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    unless I don't pay enough attention, the safety rings don't show up until you touch the screen. so you can look at the phone, see who is calling, then unlock to answer. I think it's a great way to answer the calls.

edit: i just checked, the rings don't show up till you touch the screen, and they disappear a moment after you stop touching the screen.

granted, if the caller ID was simply a bit higher, then this wouldn't be an issue.
    Last edited by pomokey; 06/18/2009 at 01:24 AM.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    unless I don't pay enough attention, the safety rings don't show up until you touch the screen. so you can look at the phone, see who is calling, then unlock to answer. I think it's a great way to answer the calls.
    yeah, but all you need to do is pick up the phone and the likelihood of you touching the screen is high.. hence blocking out the caller id. At least that how its been working out for me. :-/
    hopefully they fix this with the next update.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I hate the rings, too. I mean, we know to swipe up. We get it.

Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    yeah, but all you need to do is pick up the phone and the likelihood of you touching the screen is high.. hence blocking out the caller id. At least that how its been working out for me. :-/
    I think the rings are always there for me. I didn't know it had anything to do with touching the screen. I'll have to check next time I get a call.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    they should put the caller ID info at the top of the screen when locked.. that way your swipe up finger motion could be done without prob.

But I do prefer it is locked when calls come in. If the phone is in my pocket, I'd hate to pocket-answer the call and get caught saying something I'm not supposed to.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    It doesnt bother me but I have pictures for all my contacts so I dont look at the name to see who it calling.... just the picture.
    Last edited by jagowar; 06/18/2009 at 08:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Septro View Post
    they should put the caller ID info at the top of the screen when locked.. that way your swipe up finger motion could be done without prob.

But I do prefer it is locked when calls come in. If the phone is in my pocket, I'd hate to pocket-answer the call and get caught saying something I'm not supposed to.
    I agree that the lock feature is a good one. I just think we need to get rid of the little lines around the lock button.
    I submitted feedback to have the option to disable screen lock when receiving a call.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    this seems to be a manufactured problem. Granted the caller id should be higher, but if you look before you touch the number is clear and unobstructed. if you have a photo caller id it's really a non issue.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    When receiving business calls, you don't always have Caller ID photos come up. I do screen my calls because I may not have the time to talk, so the screen lock is fine. I just wanted them to move the Call ID to the top or make the call id numbers bigger. if it says unknown caller, it is hidden behind the screen lock icon.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Yes. And my Bluetooh seems to take about 3 rings before it recognizes there is a call if it's on sleep.
    I once tried to unlock the phone when I got a call and the padlock symbol kept dancing around when I was trying to swipe up! It went all the way up to the top corner of the screen! haha. It kind of cracked me up. Sad to say, I missed the call (but it wasn't an important call anyways).
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcivic View Post
    When receiving business calls, you don't always have Caller ID photos come up. I do screen my calls because I may not have the time to talk, so the screen lock is fine. I just wanted them to move the Call ID to the top or make the call id numbers bigger. if it says unknown caller, it is hidden behind the screen lock icon.
    QFT.

I want the lock to stay. I don't want to accidentally answer the call when I pick up the phone. But I want those damn lines gone.

Where is the website to submit something?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast