1.    #1  
    For those who have had a defective phone replaced were you allowed to keep your old charger and get the new one that comes in the box? What about the battery?

I should be getting my replacement tomorrow and am hoping that they won't take the charger out of the box before they give it to me. Will they check my old box to make sure everything is there, or maybe just give me the box and not ask? What has been your experience?
    They kept the new box and gave me just the phone.
    im exchanging mine sometime soon when best buy gets more in stock and i will NOT put put the charger inside, just the cable and everything else but keep the charger. i think i deserve it, i purchased 2 touchstones WITHOUT cables inside them. i feel like i got duped on that one...
    I exchanged my launch day pre today and gave the Sprint store my old box and pre and he never even asked for the charger or headset. He gave me my new pre (second run with the better slider and more flush center button) with the new (white) box with all the cables in it. I now have two sets, plus the touchstone. I feel like I did pretty well.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    They actually checked my box and made sure all the cables were there. I tried to keep just the cable and they caught me and made me give it back. I would say it depend on the store/sales person.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevobadger View Post
    I exchanged my launch day pre today and gave the Sprint store my old box and pre and he never even asked for the charger or headset. He gave me my new pre (second run with the better slider and more flush center button) with the new (white) box with all the cables in it. I now have two sets, plus the touchstone. I feel like I did pretty well.
    This is what I'm hoping for, I won't tell if they don't ask. I might buy a touchstone so maybe that will help distract them while doing the swap
    I now have 3 sets of chargers/headsets Just ask for it. I was told they dont need it anyway.

I wasn't brave enough to ask for the old battery.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

hope they can make every unit good enough... or give us more ***. parts since the old phone not good...
    i jut traded mine in yesterday. first the sprint worker wanted to charge me $30 then he asked another worker and they said it was $36. i said to them," i just want the usb cable." so we talked for a little bit, they said they needed the box of the old phone so what i told them is let me keep the new box and i just return the old box. but im not goin to put the old charger and cables back in there. Now i have 2 of everything lol
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I guess I seriously lucked out.

I was out of town, so I had my regular Sprint store manager set up an exchange for me at the Sprint store where I was. I walked in with nothing but the phone itself. I asked the manager there (who was handling my exchange) if I needed all the stuff that goes with it, cause it was all back home. She just said, "Oh, it just all gets sent back under 'defective'. So don't worry about it." I asked if she was sure, and she said that if I could bring it in, that's great. But if not, no big deal. Woot!

So I ended up with two of everything that comes with the Pre. Lucky me.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    When my earpiece wasn't working, I dropped just the phone off for repair. Since all they do is give you a new phone, I got a replacement phone with a whole new box.

So I got two of everything in accessories which is great. Too bad I ordered a bunch of micro-usb cables from Monoprice already
    Hmm, I'm on my 3rd Pre. The local Sprint store requires the box. They take everything out of the new box (except the phone) and put it in my old box.

At least a second set of cables would be a nice prize for my troubles...[HINT: Sprint!]
    I exchanged mine a the Sprint corporate and flagship store in Chicago. They confirmed with 3 different people that they DON'T need the box. If someone asks for the box back ask them to check Sprint's officail policy on returns.
    I exchanged my launch date pre for a better one and they just gave me the new box and phone but no charger or cables. They did not ask me for my original box in return either...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I exchanged mine a the Sprint corporate and flagship store in Chicago. They confirmed with 3 different people that they DON'T need the box. If someone asks for the box back ask them to check Sprint's officail policy on returns.
    I know that you don't have to return the box, but I will because I want the box to match the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence97 View Post
    I exchanged my launch date pre for a better one and they just gave me the new box and phone but no charger or cables. They did not ask me for my original box in return either...
    My guess is the employees keep the chargers for themselves or give away to make a sale.
  16. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    My fiance just exchanged hers Monday and the Sprint guy just took the old phone from her and told her she now had extras of the accessories as he gave her the new phone and box.
  17.    #17  
    Well I just got my replacement phone, looks good no spots on the screen anymore and keyboard is tight, build date is 06-09-09.

I asked about the premier discount because I qualify to be premier but not listed as one for some reason. She went ahead and gave me the 25% off so I bought 2 touchstone chargers. Just before ringing them up she was like oh did you bring everything back? then opened the box and told me she would need to keep the new charger. I tried to talk he into letting me keep it because the touchstone didn't come with a cable and she said that I would have to pay a $25 missing item fee. I was like ok it's cheaper than buying a new charger. Well then she couldn't figure out how to charge the fee and got frustrated and said never mind, just keep it.

I couldn't be happier right now, 2 touchstones and a charger for $110 and a Pre that is defect free