1.    #1  
    I love my Pre!!

But I can't get my work email. I hope the hive mind can help me solve this problem.

Quote from our IT guy "The Pre's ActiveSysc function would not except our work's "Outlook Web Access" SSL certificate"

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

I really want to keep this phone, but it must be able to get work emails.

thanks in advance-

Chef Joe
    for now one workaround is to have your email forwarded to your gmail account, and put a reply to field on your outbound mail directing people back to your work email account. not perfect, but gets you your mail and gets your responses back to your work account
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Joe View Post
    I love my Pre!!

But I can't get my work email. I hope the hive mind can help me solve this problem.

Quote from our IT guy "The Pre's ActiveSysc function would not except our work's "Outlook Web Access" SSL certificate"

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

I really want to keep this phone, but it must be able to get work emails.

thanks in advance-

Chef Joe
    Have your IT guy manually copy he cert(s) to the device via USB, then go to cert mgr and trust the cert(s). That's all there is to it. Once you have the certs trusted then proceed in setting up Exchange as usual.
    First, you need an IT dept/person who is willing to work with you. As of right now, it's trial and error because Palm has no definitive guide of what works and doesn't with EAS. If you don't have a willing partner, I would suggest a workaround until about 3 business days before your 30 refund period ends.

That's what I'm doing, but I have an extremely helpful IT group too. We haven't resolved it, but they are buying a GoDaddy cert 30 days before they had intended in order to support me. Make friends in IT. It can be a lifesaver.