1.    #1  
    Hey gang...new to the forum.

Quick question the wife and I are heading out tomorrow for the US Open and I rented a movie from iTunes for her to watch on the Pre. It says that the Pre won't play it...

Is there anyway to get it to work or did I just waste $4

Can I get any iTunes video purchases like TV shows etc to play?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mseewv View Post
    Hey gang...new to the forum.

Quick question the wife and I are heading out tomorrow for the US Open and I rented a movie from iTunes for her to watch on the Pre. It says that the Pre won't play it...

Is there anyway to get it to work or did I just waste $4

Can I get any iTunes video purchases like TV shows etc to play?

Thanks!
    Unfortunately it isn't going to happen. The Pre will not play DRM laden iTunes files. Rentals will only play on an authorized "APPLE" device.
  3.    #3  
    Eh so I wasted $4 oh well worth a shot...any way to get movies on my pre? Can I get my DVDs on there?
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Yes you can put full dvd movies on the pre. But you have to convert them first. Google for free for free software.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mseewv View Post
    Eh so I wasted $4 oh well worth a shot...any way to get movies on my pre? Can I get my DVDs on there?
    If you go to the Sprint TV application that came on the phone, I believe you can rent a movie there. The selection is a bit limited. But something might be better than nothing. I haven't tried it myself yet. Let us know if it works for you.
  6.    #6  
    Is Aimersoft a good converter? What form do I have to convert and how do I rip?

Sorry...
    Supposedly DoubleTwist can transfer DRM protected content from iTunes and elsewhere but I have not tried it.

If you want to convert DVDs to play back on your Pre (or anything else) I, and many others, highly recommend Handbrake (HandBrake). It's not totally self explanatory but it runs on Windows/Mac/Linux and it's very powerful/flexible, free and works great. I use the ipod preset and change the video size to 480x320 for the Pre. Note that HandBrake does not decrypt protected DVDs - I use DVD43 (DVD43 v4.40 - Download Sites) for this (also free) and the combo works great.

Obviously, these should only be used for legal purposes...

- Chris
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Google for Handbrake. It's free and works great. Just use the iPod Touch/iPhone preset and it will make a .m4v file that should play just fine on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    For DVD to mobile devices:

AVS Video to iPod. Make video for Apple iPod video players with AVS Video to iPod.

Use the DVD to Mpeg4 Video tool.
    This is free, good software.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Google for Handbrake. It's free and works great. Just use the iPod Touch/iPhone preset and it will make a .m4v file that should play just fine on the Pre.
    He is correct
    DVD Catalyst 3 is awesome. Basically a one click interface for the Pre. It's only 10 bucks right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    For DVD to mobile devices:

AVS Video to iPod. Make video for Apple iPod video players with AVS Video to iPod.

Use the DVD to Mpeg4 Video tool.
    Not free at all. In fact, way over priced
    AVS4YOUŽ Best software for you on today's market. Subscribe and download now for free!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  13.    #13  
    Anything like DVD43 for Mac that's free?

Is that what I use to rip the movie from my dvd to then convert it? So confused sorry...
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    And it hangs up on uninstall.

I should really know better .

So not only is it not free but it is $50 and it will not uninstall correctly. Beware everyone
    Last edited by rc46; 06/17/2009 at 11:00 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Free iPod Video Converter - Freeware converts DVD AVI MPEG WMV RM to iPod Video

jodix is a FREE video converter. works great, easy to use

other than that i would just get better programs on thepiratebay.org

support file sharing!