Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If Palm doesn't add the option looks like there will be third-party app that will. Found this:

Pimp My Pre » Our Application to Change Palm Pre SMS Ringtones and Alerts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Very nice, if they dont address it in the update the app will be a very welcomed sight by many.
    This is good news! It is a shame that Palm is not reaching out to developers though. There could be SO many more apps in the catalog if they released the SDK publicly.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    If Palm doesn't add the option looks like there will be third-party app that will. Found this:

Pimp My Pre » Our Application to Change Palm Pre SMS Ringtones and Alerts
    Very nice find.
    Awesome! Now we just need to wait three months for the app catalog to house it
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    This is good news! It is a shame that Palm is not reaching out to developers though. There could be SO many more apps in the catalog if they released the SDK publicly.
    No it's a shame these guys aren't sharing it with the other developers working on the wiki and over on IRC.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    Awesome! Now we just need to wait three months for the app catalog to house it
    sounds like they are gonna have their own download repo
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Great! The apps are a bit slow coming. I especially like how they are not putting things in the TODAY page that were released 10 days ago!
    Thank freakin God. The Pre's notification options are so limited that it boggles the mind.
    about time!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMAX View Post
    Great! The apps are a bit slow coming. I especially like how they are not putting things in the TODAY page that were released 10 days ago!
    When an app that has been out already is put on "Today", it means an update for the app was released today. That makes it easy for ppl to get the update for their app (the other option is to go to the "Update" app, which ppl may forget about since OS updates will come automatically, but ppl are always checking for new apps).
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelpule View Post
    No it's a shame these guys aren't sharing it with the other developers working on the wiki and over on IRC.
    Yeah, because I'm sure the early access developers are willing to break the agreement they signed with Palm
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    Yeah, because I'm sure the early access developers are willing to break the agreement they signed with Palm
    If you listen to their video they say they don't have the information from Palm. But regardless I figured it out as well and if work is slow today I'll get the directions posted on the Wiki.

I think we will be able to control seperate sounds for email, sms and battery charging.
    Pretty amazing work for such a short period of time.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    So here's how far I've gotten so far ... I'm working as fast as I can to get to a point to share this with everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Can they also do led notifications? That would be dope!
    Anyone have his wallpaper? Looked cool! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    So here's how far I've gotten so far ... I'm working as fast as I can to get to a point to share this with everyone.

LOVIN IT! keep up the good fight! I can't wait to get a sms alert that i can hear when im at work since i manage the cell kiosk inside a sam's club and it can get REALLY loud in here!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Very nice!
    Just followed a pingback from our site and saw this. As we stated on our site, we are not in the business of producing hacks, but apps. If you're a developer, I'm sure you'll find the way to do it and, if you advocate the general public hacking into their phones, please feel free to 'share' it.

We're not trying to be greedy or sound snotty at all - we just believe that developers produce applications that can be tested, upgraded and supported - not lines of code that the general public can attempt to put into their phones. We have a forum on our site for developers and are more than willing to answer any questions fellow developers have. We want the Pre community to be open and, most importantly, free. The Wiki and IRC are not the only sites for the Pre and Developers.

We've done this for the iPhone - Google Kryptes as an example. We want a place where developers can produce actual applications, that they can support and have been tested, and we will provide them the means to get them out to the Pre community without the need to go through an app store. And, again, for free.

We believe the community stays open and free through advertising dollars. Not by collecting money on apps and charging for admission to an application store. This is where we do sound a little greedy, because we expect to be the site people go to for 3rd party apps - hence the repository application we're working on. Advertising money drives the development and keeps the people from having to pay. All of the other Pre sites work in the same manner - even this one. So far, we've made 17 cents. Hooray!

We should have something more advanced and available to the public soon. Even without the SDK, I'm sure you've seen the simplicity of WebOS. As far as the ringtones app goes (which the functionality has already been expanded), we expect the lifetime of that app to be short lived because we will be sending all of our modifications directly to Palm. These are standard things that should be on the phone anyway. Our focus is on applications currently not available that would be useful.

If anyone needs helping learning the system (WebOS), we'll help out as much as we can. We don't have the SDK either, but we have years of experience behind us and the practical knowledge from doing this before.

I re-read that and it did sound a little snotty - tone doesn't convey well via text. Just know that it wasn't meant that way and we're here to help out any developer that wants to produce an app and get it out to the community. We just don't send out lines of code to the public - especially when the code is Palm's and not ours.

- Mitch Mitchell
    Pimp My Pre

By the way - someone asked about the wallpaper - it's on the reposotory / themes / pimp my pre themes page. Register, login, click the link and it'll go to your email so you can download it directly from your email into your pictures and set it as your wallpaper. It's the circuitboard one.

Mitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast