Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I've put up my initial method for getting the file chooser for notification and alert tones. Currently email, sms, and charger connect all use the same notification sound. But I will work on that later for us.

I would not suggest this for anyone as their first attempt to modify the Pre.
    Visit Pre Dev Wiki and look for the section at the bottom on modifying the app. I would not suggest this for anyone as their first attempt to modify the Pre.

I would not suggest this for anyone as their first attempt to modify the Pre.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Thank freakin God. The Pre's notification options are so limited that it boggles the mind.

You are incorrect: the Pre would have to HAVE notification options in order for us to delcare them "limited". Your mind is free to unboggle istelf.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    You are incorrect: the Pre would have to HAVE notification options in order for us to delcare them "limited". Your mind is free to unboggle istelf.
    Haha, touche.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    The code has been updated a bit by the community. Take a look at the above link and enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelpule View Post
    The code has been updated a bit by the community. Take a look at the above link and enjoy.
    For the SSH/USB Method, do you just copy & paste the entire content or each line one by one??

Code:
    ssh -p 222 username@palm-pre
    user@castle:~$ su -
    root@castle:/home/root# cd /var/luna/preferences
    root@castle:/var/luna/preferences# cp systemprefs.db systemprefs.db.bak
    root@castle:/var/luna/preferences# sqlite3 systemprefs.db
    sqlite> update Preferences set value='{ "fullPath": "\/media\/internal\/notifications.mp3", "name": "notifications.mp3" }' where key='notificationtone';
    sqlite> update Preferences set value='{ "fullPath": "\/media\/internal\/alerts.mp3", "name": "alerts.mp3" }' where key='alerttone';
    sqlite> .quit
    root@castle:/var/luna/preferences# reboot
    Also, what exactly does the "alert" sound take the place of?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I really like what they're doing. I look forward to it going public once its finished
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    For the SSH/USB Method, do you just copy & paste the entire content or each line one by one??

Code:
    ssh -p 222 username@palm-pre
    user@castle:~$ su -
    root@castle:/home/root# cd /var/luna/preferences
    root@castle:/var/luna/preferences# cp systemprefs.db systemprefs.db.bak
    root@castle:/var/luna/preferences# sqlite3 systemprefs.db
    sqlite> update Preferences set value='{ "fullPath": "\/media\/internal\/notifications.mp3", "name": "notifications.mp3" }' where key='notificationtone';
    sqlite> update Preferences set value='{ "fullPath": "\/media\/internal\/alerts.mp3", "name": "alerts.mp3" }' where key='alerttone';
    sqlite> .quit
    root@castle:/var/luna/preferences# reboot
    Also, what exactly does the "alert" sound take the place of?
    Well I'll say first, if you aren't sure about what you are doing, question if you should be doing it.

But to answer your question, one at a time. And I haven't found anything that uses the alert sound yet but we are still looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelpule View Post
    Well I'll say first, if you aren't sure about what you are doing, question if you should be doing it.

But to answer your question, one at a time. And I haven't found anything that uses the alert sound yet but we are still looking.
    A. You gotta learn sometime.

B. A lot of the Wiki is unclear about a lot of stuff & leaves a lot to question.

C. Even if you bork something, a re-flash of the OS is super easy to do.

D. Thanks for clearing that up & answering my question.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    A. You gotta learn sometime.

B. A lot of the Wiki is unclear about a lot of stuff & leaves a lot to question.

C. Even if you bork something, a re-flash of the OS is super easy to do.

D. Thanks for clearing that up & answering my question.
    You're right I didn't say not to do it! Heck I don't know what half the things I'm doing actually do! This was my learning.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12