Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just spent 90 minutes on the phone with a Level 2 Palm Tech support person. He said the Palm update they are working on should be ready this week, next week at the latest. He said it will address email issues, speed issues, exchange issues, calendar problems, battery life, and overall usability and function. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

He was able to rectify my problems with my data transfer. I will know in about 4 hours if it all transfers over.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Encouraging news, and seems to fit with other rumors. Thanks!
    Yeah it has been mentioned that 1.0.3 is around the corner. Looking forward to the bug fixes.
    lets hope for BT file transfer first!
    Woo Hoo!!!
  6. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Bluetooth 1 way SEND from my mac works fine. Receiving a file is a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    Bluetooth 1 way SEND from my mac works fine. Receiving a file is a different story.
    u mean Pre can receive file through BT? I thought I tried that with no success?
  8. enjoyingsilence
    u mean Pre can receive file through BT? I thought I tried that with no success?
    WAIT WAIT. I had a brain fart. LOL. I'm using a treo pro. which does let me do this.. I'm a buffon.

SORRY
    Amen to that! It is rediculous you can't send things to and from the Pre.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Yeah it has been mentioned that 1.0.3 is around the corner. Looking forward to the bug fixes.
    If they are going to fix that many things in 1.0.3; I wonder how big 1.1 will be?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Some help with battery life would definitely be welcome.
    Im guessing the update will be out next week and im expecting just a couple things to be fixed. I just hoped I will be surprised and my exchange (non ssl) will work! better battery life is always welcome, even though mine is good allready!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMAX View Post
    Some help with battery life would definitely be welcome.
    I got to say I've noticed a drastic improvement after the first week. I've surfed the web on it for like half an hour and it'll only drop 3-5% in battery. When I first bought it, that would have probably droped it like 15-20%. So I think the batteries need a little "break in" period or something.
    I think the biggest problem right now is reception and call quality. My Treo 755p had way better reception than the Pre.
    No fix with the reception issues?
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    haha kev, I've got full bars everywhere except one part of one neighborhood.

complain and ask for an AIRAVE
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The battery fix might be the reception fix.
    So psyched.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I just spent 90 minutes on the phone with a Level 2 Palm Tech support person. He said the Palm update they are working on should be ready this week, next week at the latest. He said it will address email issues, speed issues, exchange issues, calendar problems, battery life, and overall usability and function. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

He was able to rectify my problems with my data transfer. I will know in about 4 hours if it all transfers over.
    Wow, that's one heck of a of a 0.01 update!! Hmm, given their last 0.01 update fixed 2 things, I would be cautiously optimistic if i were you... Sounds like bug fixes, not functionality additions.
    I'm with ya on the battery issues resolve the reception problems to. It does look like they are interconnected.

I really want this to be solved. It doesn't even need to be 5 bars, 3-4 will be fine. I see it go from 1-3-2-4 back to one and that's just sitting in the living room. I go out to the next room and it's no sig. I step outside to 3-4. It's very frustrating.

I don't want to return this thing. FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast