Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the iPod "restore" button in iTunes with the Pre connected in iPod mode? Want to start over on syncing, but worried it will mess with more than just the iPod settings.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm not sure that it'll do anything, probably give an error--but I'd be reluctant to try. On an iPod it wipes the device back to normal (which means wiping/reinstalling the OS, too!)
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    That was my concern too. Any other way to remove files added in the iPod sync?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Plug into the computer, use USB Mode.

In Windows (I'm assuming WIndows. Not sure about Mac), in folder options, choose to view hidden files. They'll be under music in an iPod folder
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I tried hitting Restore and got an error.

I have manually deleted the files from my Pre via Windows Explorer and validated they are gone, but the Music app still thinks they are there.

What is worse is so does iTunes.

On top of all this, when synching the Pre with iTunes, iTunes tries to download ALL songs, not just my selected playlists.

Very Frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiebuc View Post
    I tried hitting Restore and got an error.

I have manually deleted the files from my Pre via Windows Explorer and validated they are gone, but the Music app still thinks they are there.

What is worse is so does iTunes.

On top of all this, when synching the Pre with iTunes, iTunes tries to download ALL songs, not just my selected playlists.

Very Frustrating.
    I'm experiencing the same exact problem. Hope they fix this soon..as it's really the only trouble I've had with my Pre.
    There's a folder in the root of the Pre USB Drive mode that you can see if you allow viewing of hidden folders in Windows Explorer called iPod Control. Try removing that, and I bet things will be cleared up.
    That does the trick...when you plug the phone back in and do media sync it prompts you to set up your device again. ty.