1.    #1  
    I was browsing lifehacker and double tapped to zoom in but it selected a block of text and did some weird thing (at least weird to me). I haven't read the entire manual online so maybe it's something obvious. It looked like I was selecting non-editable text but I couldn't figure out what else to do with it.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    orange + drag is the select text command.

then you can copy/paste using the edit menu (sometimes) or the keyboard shortcuts that are listed in the edit menu
  3.    #3  
    Anyway I am the biggest ***** ever. That was an image of selected text on an iphone. I thought it was something I did but when I visited it on my laptop it looked the same. Bigtime ID10T error

Please delete topic, mods.
    lol looks just like the iPhone OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Anyway I am the biggest ***** ever. That was an image of selected text. I thought it was something I did but when I visited it on my laptop it looked the same. Bigtime ID10T error

Please delete topic, mods.
    Oh well, started to get excited that you might have been on to something
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    LOL! Aren't you a sneaky one ~ The copy/paste on the iphone looks awesome!

iPhone 3G S review
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxla View Post

iPhone 3G S review
    It looked enough like the Pre with the little blue dots resembling the orange-key-lock that I totally was fooled until I opened the site in Firefox and realized it was just a pic of something else. I was really psyched there for a second.
    Now that made me laugh!
    haha wow
    Sneakiest plug I've seen for an iPhone yet
    Just kidding Neo.
    I read some of the 3GS reviews today and recognized it as the iPhone copy right away.
    i wish we could save pics and select and edit (copy, paste) text from the web on the pre.
    i was about to say! the pre's text selections looks very similar to iPhone's new text selection. hrrrrrmmmmmm. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxla View Post

iPhone 3G S review
    yes i played with my 3.0 update on my iphone a bit today - the copy/paste is REALLY nicely implemented and makes me wish it wasn't so awkard on the Pre with holding down modifier keys and the gesture area and stuff. On the iPhone you just tap and wait, the copy/cut/paste comes up, you select text with the little blue scroll lines (it even does pics I think) and then tap copy/cut and you're ready to paste.

Thank god for competition because hopefully now BOTH companies will have to continue to step it up.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    we need this feature asap!!!...with webpage copy/paste i could get some real work done without being leashed to a computer....thats what smartphones are supposed to be all about!!...i love pre but things like this make me miss curve...
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm a Pre fanboy, but this is really sad :P

"I found a new feature on the Pre!! , oh, oops, nope it's just a screenshot from an iPhone.... "

Don't let any iPhone fanboys here about this or we'll be hearing it for a loooong time :P