1.    #1  
    I have had the Pre since Monday and love it. Two problems though. My screen has the white at the bottom of it and I need to know how i go about getting it fixed or replaced. The other is how do I show my Iphone and BB user friends the Pre is better then what they have? Thanks
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techrider85 View Post
    I have had the Pre since Monday and love it. Two problems though. My screen has the white at the bottom of it and I need to know how i go about getting it fixed or replaced. The other is how do I show my Iphone and BB user friends the Pre is better then what they have? Thanks
    If you are having any such issues with your phone in the first 30 days, go and get a replacement FFS.

Second, show them the beautiful and unobtrusive notification system (play pandora and check your email). Have multiple live webpages, apps and PIM applications open and flow between them effortlessly.

If they counter with "but my iPhone has access to 50,00 applications", express your jealousy at not being able to get such gems as the Zippo application and iFart. Then remind them that your platform doesn't have the draconian app approval process, and that Palm seems to encourage the hacking scene.
    The other is how do I show my Iphone and BB user friends the Pre is better then what they have? Thanks
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    Im not exactly Tech savy. I can do basic stuff but I don't do a lot of email, I mainly use the phone as a phone. I text a lot and surf the web. Im not going to be able to write my own apps. Hell I cant even get Audacity to work right. I just want to be able to show it off a little and get more people to switch from At&t.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I'm thinking the more they see you using and enjoying your Pre, the more likely they'll be to wonder what's go you so captivated. Sometimes the indirect approach can be the best.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    i just want to be able to show it off a little and get more people to switch from at&t.
    hoo-rah!!!!
    The Pre can do things the Iphone can't and vice versa. I wouldn't say one is definitively better than the other.

As for the white blotch the only way to fix it is to get another phone from the store in exchange.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The Pre can do things the Iphone can't and vice versa. I wouldn't say one is definitively better than the other.

As for the white blotch the only way to fix it is to get another phone from the store in exchange.
    How do I go about with the exchange? Do I just go in and say I have a white blotch on my screen. I need a new one? Or is there a better way of going about this? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    If they counter with "but my iPhone has access to 50,00 applications", express your jealousy at not being able to get such gems as the Zippo application and iFart. Then remind them that your platform doesn't have the draconian app approval process, and that Palm seems to encourage the hacking scene.
    In fairness, though, there is a significant gap in third party apps. One factor is that Palm seems to have a significant lag in processing developer program applications. I've been waiting for a couple of weeks and no indication if we're even in the queue or not at this point.