Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I bought on day 1.
    The battery life has far surpased my G1 and iphone. I go to work at 6:30am, at 9:35 pm I had 50%. That is with using it moderately phone, text web surfing and imap gmail. Wi fi on.
    I am not having issues with sliders, dicoloration or dead pixels.
    I am not dropping calls nor missing calls.
    It is few for apps presently but his phone is going to take off, without a doubt.
    Phone has a few issues but every phone I bought 1st day did, and I have purchased everyone phone day one.

I understand people's frustration with sliders, and pixels and coverage, that would frustrate me too (Believe me if you go the the iphoneblog you will witness a year of frustration.) I hope gets these issues resolved.

I am thoroughly happy, and have not had a phone that has made me this happy in many years. I love this OS.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 06/18/2009 at 04:23 AM. Reason: English
    I think, in general, people with problems speak out disproportionately in forums, so it is good to see the amount of positive posts on here as well.
    Please correct your spelling. It should be Who's , not whose.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I have a dead pixel, discoloration and got my battery replaced due to the slider issue. I don't normally advocate buying the first of a new product line because of issues like this. However, I've been waiting on Palm's "newness" for years now and I determined the rewards were worth the risks.

And I have to agree... THE PRE ROCKS!
    Im with you.

I can have continuous AIM all day at work. with calls, emails, web mixed in.

This is great.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musk View Post
    I have a dead pixel, discoloration and got my battery replaced due to the slider issue. I don't normally advocate buying the first of a new product line because of issues like this. However, I've been waiting on Palm's "newness" for years now and I determined the rewards were worth the risks.

And I have to agree... THE PRE ROCKS!
    Now that's objectivity!
    since launch as well. no probs so far, battery life has increased slightly.
    I love my Pre! Give me a fully functional Doc's to Go, and I may be able to finally leave my laptop at home! Quit whining, its brand new there will be a few issues, but lets be real they have been minuscule when compared to other launches!

650-Centro-PRE!
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I agree totally. Of all the Palm phones I've had, this one is the most fully and working featured phone so far. Especially with email that works with Gmail and Yahoo with no problem!!! Since this phone is actually open sourse (Post SDK), it can only get better!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    This phone is so cool I can't even tell you.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Mine rocks too! Loving it! It's in my pocket right now. Better take it out to make sure the screen is not cracked.
    The OS is bare bones but yes it is a nice device thus far. They have a long way to go though with improving it.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I LOVE mine!!

The OS is so smooth and intuitive and dynamic at the same time: multitasking, notifications, look and feel.

I'll def. be psyched for a few updates, but just small things...even without them, amazing phone!!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    There was a decent post on gizmodo.com with some prosand cons for both the pre and the 3gs, I found it interesting that so many folks in the comments bash the pre (1st gen, out for a week and a half) and have such praise for the 3gs (not out yet, as such they have never seen it). In my head the pre is better hardware, and a far better OS (with it's faults of course, but 90% of them fixable via software/firmware updates). So I have to agree, the Pre ROCKS (all caps is certainly called for), but the "killer app" is the app store/app catalog. Better hardware does you no good when there is no software for it. (DEC rainbow and DEC Alpha). I bought my Pre last week, just hopeing PALM doesn't drop the ball on this one.....
    I am quite happy with the quality of the software and the OS. As others have pointed out the gaps will be filled in.

I am less than pleased with the build and hardware quality. I should not have to exchange my device several times to get one without obvious defects! (Yes, I know many of you were lucky enough to get perfect Pres on the first try. I'm happy for you and wish I could be you!)
  18. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tm4000m View Post
    There was a decent post on gizmodo.com with some prosand cons for both the pre and the 3gs, I found it interesting that so many folks in the comments bash the pre (1st gen, out for a week and a half) and have such praise for the 3gs (not out yet, as such they have never seen it). In my head the pre is better hardware, and a far better OS (with it's faults of course, but 90% of them fixable via software/firmware updates). So I have to agree, the Pre ROCKS (all caps is certainly called for), but the "killer app" is the app store/app catalog. Better hardware does you no good when there is no software for it. (DEC rainbow and DEC Alpha). I bought my Pre last week, just hopeing PALM doesn't drop the ball on this one.....
    I read that post too. Fanboys are scary.
    I'm totally with you. I really have not had any real problems to speak of with my phone. I really do love it. I think the quality of the OS is really unlike any phone I've had. I like it better than my Ipod touch for sure. The multitasking really puts it into a whole 'nother category for me. The simple and unobtrusive, but obvious and easy to use notifications are great. I'm looking forward to what new updates they come up with next.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    I'm with you, this is the best device I've ever owned.
    Every day I find it more and more useful!

It's not perfect, but I love my Pre!
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast