Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    (Completed the link.) I like this quote from it...

..but the iPhone is now $99. Okay make it $3,699, and you'll only waste $1, 100.
    I'm a massive Palm fanboy but I though that a 1g iphone (purchased out of contract) might be the cheapest solution of all. I guess this is not true, since the data plan on tmobile would probably be the same cost as for the Android. I guess Sprint is still the best deal (but I'd like someone to prove me wrong)

That said, I've been waiting for this Linux based Palm device for several years and it's much better than I thought it would be at launch. It does what I need (the basics) from day 1 and is totally hackable. I'm considering writing some software for it. I expect the mojo SDK to be available in mid-August (because this is when OReilly expects to publish "the book" Safari Books Online - 9780596802097 - Palm webOS, 1st Edition).

I have to say, if it were not for Apple's introduction of the iPhone, the Pre would never have happened. This much needed competition and kick in the pants is just what Palm needed. I think both of these platforms will be successful. Not sure how the Android stacks up, but I think it has a place in the future of new smartphones too.

--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I'm with you. This phone rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    ... My approximately 3 yr old 700P had all the features above except cut & paste (maybe it did & I just didn't know how to do it)...
    Yep, it had cut and paste (and to me, it's cut and paste was more intuitive that what's on the Pre). This cut and paste was in the PalmOS even before it was a phone. I also find it totally ludicrous that Apple never had this from the get-go, and that they are now touting this as a feature.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123