Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Having never owned a smartphone before, i was completely blown away by the pre. I'm also so glad i stuck around with sprint. I refuse to join the iphone bandwagon.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I am thoroughly happy, adnnot have had a phone that has made me this happy in many years. I love this OS.
    I have none of the "problems" that people seem to be having with their pre... and i got mine on launch day.

I love this phone and i have had so many smart phones prior to the Pre...

And yes I also love this OS
    I'm with you. I can't stop playing with the Pre.

My battery life is just fine. After nine hours at work (I take it off the charger at 2 p.m.), I'm usually down to about 50% by 11 p.m.

I'm a heavy user. I have a car charger and an extra USB charger at work just in case, but I've never plugged it in while on the job.

The charge is usually down to about 20% when I turn in for the night around 2 a.m.

If I can get 12 solid hours out of this phone... I'm happy.

I use the Pre mostly for text, push e-mail and Internet. GPS or Google Maps is also a big help in my profession (TV news reporter). I don't really care how many apps are in the catalog.
    Well I think there is a difference to joining a bandwagon for a good device as long as there was a choice in providers. I honestly think the iphone would have a much larger market if they didn't limit it to just At&t. I have always liked palms products ever since the 650. I would never go to At&t for even the best phone in the world. I love my pre. It does everything I hoping it would do so far. I can't wait till the updates start rolling through.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I was confused.. *remembering the Pre's design inspired by a pebble.

Now it rocks out with the touchstone - ahh!
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    I truly enjoy this phone.
    Same here. This is one of the best version 1.0 products that I have owned. For once, I have not had to worry about the info on my phone - it just works! No hassle about backup or managing contacts.

Make changes on my Mac, Spanning Sync shoots them to Google and they appear on the Pre. It just works.

Is it perfect. Nope. But its darned close once they improve it. I'm VERY happy and I love the multitasking. Last night I caught myself doing the back gesture on my iPod Touch 2nd gen...
    ya im digging it too. a whole different from the windows mobile devices ive been using

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    Definitely an elegant solution to the corporate onslaught of Crackberries with a more purposeful take of the iPhone!
    Love.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Great phone! Only issue I have is the loose slider and if that is the only thing bad with this phone I can deal with that being it's a 1st gen phone. I'm a first time smart phone user and love it. Can't wait for more features to be implimented. Having linux in your pocket gives it a plus 10 also
    Great phone and I'd never switch to the brick (iphone) even if someone tried to pay me. The GUI is just sick and fun to use making me want to just play on it all day.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Our local news compared the three phones. I can't post links yet but here is the address.
    cbs5.com/consumer/smart.phone.iphone.2.1049001.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    Our local news compared the three phones. I can't post links yet but here is the address.
    Smart Phone War Means Consumers Win - cbs5.com
    (Completed the link.) I like this quote from it...
    Billshrink.com compares the prices. With a 2 year minimum contract: $199 for the iPhone 3GS and Palm Pre... and $149 for the Android G1. Add that to the the cost of unlimited voice, data, and messaging and to own the new iPhone is $3,799. The Palm Pre is the cheapest at $2,599. Google's Android G1 rings in at $3,149.
    ..but the iPhone is now $99. Okay make it $3,699, and you'll only waste $1, 100.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    I read that post too. Fanboys are scary.
    It is funny to me when anything Apple comes out (& I own an iPod & a MacBook Pro), you would think they invented everything--even by listening to professional reviewers. Taking the iPhone 3G S as an example, you would think Apple invented video, MMS, tethering as well as cut & paste.

As a newer device, they may have improved on these features, but as I said, you would think they invented these things. My approximately 3 yr old 700P had all the features above except cut & paste (maybe it did & I just didn't know how to do it), yet reading the reviews you would think these are all great, new innovations by Apple.

Also, my old 700P could run Slingbox over the 3G network--years ago!

Cheers
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The Pre is good, for a 1.0. I've had palm devices since the Vx series, and although there are features that I would like from the previous versions, either the emulator or future OTA updates will solve those problems.
    I love mine too!
    My last smart phone was the Nokia N95-8GB, and until the iPhone took off and contaminated AT&T's network, it was a fine device. Not great for web browsing since it wasn't a touchscreen, not great for texting because it only had the number pad, but it was great for media, blew away the iPhone with it's very nice stereo speakers, FM radio, 5 megapixel camera that did video, and it tethered very easily. It copied and pasted, it ran multiple apps, when I could find decent apps that I wanted to use, and it even ran Flash on the web. Overall solid as long as you weren't scrolling around the web or typing.

The Pre just takes all that and blows it away, well I miss the FM radio, but hopefully I can eventually get back the one or two channels I listen to via the network.

If I have one complaint about the Pre, it's that the screen is so vibrant and pretty that I want to have a picture of Megan Fox on there all the time, but my boss says it isn't appropriate to have on there for work. Bummer. Otherwise the Pre is simply amazing. The GPS is better than my TomTom, the wifi connection is better than my laptop, the email client is more stable than Outlook, and the feel of it is so nice, I just want to have it in my hand all day long.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    I love my Pre. The first time I held it in my hands, I was amazed by how smooth and how good it felt. Then came the vibrant screen, the cards/mutitasking, the notifications. The simple ripples when you touch the screen is simply amazing. Overall, I love the OS and the hardware, but it could have been perfect with a bigger screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdc2006 View Post
    I love my Pre. The first time I held it in my hands, I was amazed by how smooth and how good it felt. Then came the vibrant screen, the cards/mutitasking, the notifications. The simple ripples when you touch the screen is simply amazing. Overall, I love the OS and the hardware, but it could have been perfect with a bigger screen.
    I agree. It goes downhill though when you can't get reception in areas where you had no problem before.

Or pick a feature to use and realize it just needs work compared to other devices.

Or wonder why there's only 30 apps considering all we've heard for 6 months was that it only took Pandora 30 seconds to make theirs.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast