Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Its day 3 with the Pre and the thing is exceeding my highest expectations!

Iíve begun to move my personal calendar appointments from Outlook and put them into an empty Google calendar. Synergy is working fine and the EAS appointments show in green and the Google appointments show in blue on the Pre, as the only place the two calendars intersect.

The thought struck me that there must be a Synergy Best Practice guide out there thatíll help me manage things. For example, a doctorís appointment (personal and in Google) would not show up in Outlook yet the time should blocked out somehow.

What are you guys (and gals) doing to manage things like this? The larger question is, shouldnít we be compiling a Best Practice guide because Synergy is such a brand spanking new tool?
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Outlook (2007 and, I think, 2003) can subscribe to your Google calendar. It's read-only, but then it'll show up on Outlook. I'm doing the same thing you are. It'd be nice if Pre would recognize Outlook Categories for doing colors, but this works. You'll just have to add new personal appointments on the phone, or through Google.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TOstler View Post
    What are you guys (and gals) doing to manage things like this? The larger question is, shouldn’t we be compiling a Best Practice guide because Synergy is such a brand spanking new tool?
    Glad you're enjoying your Pre. Me, too. Color coding categories and being able to see all my appointments from all three endpoints (Outlook, Pre and Google) were both very important to me. I coughed up $25 for the desktop SyncMyCal app that syncs Outlook and Google Calendar. It can be customized to map individual appointments to specific categories, and I love it. I hide my Outlook calendar in the Pre's "All Calendars" view and see all of my appointments in color-coded Google categories/labels on the Pre. I highly recommend it.

This approach also allows me to add an appointment from any endpoint (Outlook, Google or Pre) and have it show up in all three endpoints. That's very handy.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    There are some things that I don't want my boss to know I'm doing, but that I still want to keep track of. I'm of the opinion that they should stay entirely separate. I suppose it would be just as easy if I hadn't shared my calendar with my boss, but, well there you go.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I've been using GsyncIt. Costs 9.99 and has worked really well for me so far.

daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post
    There are some things that I don't want my boss to know I'm doing, but that I still want to keep track of. I'm of the opinion that they should stay entirely separate. I suppose it would be just as easy if I hadn't shared my calendar with my boss, but, well there you go.
    That makes perfect sense. Our office has an Outlook filter set up so that any items categorized with the word "Personal" are not visible except for the originating user, so I don't have to worry about that. Otherwise, I might do the same thing you're doing.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post
    I totally agree. The need to mix both personal and business calendar info on a device that is always with me has been a concern of mine for years. Synergy is another of Palm's forward-looking inventions that I don't think has been given enough credit in many of the reviews. For me, it's one of the most important features of the WebOS.