Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Anyone sick of the fact that you have to turn on your phone to know if you have a new message or not..etc... it's annoying and consume battery...can this be fixed with a software update??...i don't get why we don't have indicator light???..
    I really want a notification light too, but I think in the daytime the white lights and the button light won't be nearly bright enough to get my attention. I wish they could do different colors.
    You would think sprint would have learned from the instinct. From what I understand, that phone started off with no notification lights either, and through firmware they made the 3 buttons at the bottom light up for notifications.
    Interstingly enough this not what I would consider standard anymore.

Both the 800w and Pro need 3rd party apps to flag the led.

So stupid- it really is killer not having it.
    Yeah< it's really dumb! But I think it will be fixed

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post

They completely took out a blinking led even with 3rd party software on the Centro, I really liked the blinking on my 700p (Probably the only good thing that it had haha).
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Great idea - a blinking home button would do wonders in letting us know that something requires our attention.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I too would like a notification light. However, for me, that is somewhat mitigated by the phone showing missed calls/emails while on the touchstone. I typically plonk the Pre down on the TS at home and work, so the only time I have to turn on the screen to check for missed calls/messages is when I'm out and about. And then I usually have the phone in my pocket so I don't tend to miss calls/messages anyways.
    im sure palm if not some app will release something to change the LED behavior. much like anything else, itd take a bit of time...
    I agree, this is a painful omission and it has affected several Palm products over the last few years. I've always had to rely on 3rd party software on my Treo 650 and Treo755p. I suspect there is a lifespan concern for the various LED parts that prevents them from enabling any blinking/flashing. Then again, both of my Treos lit the external LED while it was charging...

Can a webos application even access APIs for controlling external LEDs? So many questions!

Justin
    The light will blink, relax and it will come.
    I thought it was a glaring, and it still is issue with the iphone.
    It will come.
    It is one of my most missed features of my blackberry
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    They completely took out a blinking led even with 3rd party software on the Centro, I really liked the blinking on my 700p (Probably the only good thing that it had haha).
    I echo this! My 700p had it right (one of the ONLY areas it was right) by having a blinking LED on the top of the device. Unfortunately, even if the 'ball' or 'globe' lights up, most of us still wouldnt see it if its in a holster facing in or in a pocket. You'd still have to get in the habit of picking the Pre up and looking at it.
    I'm sure if palm doesn't include this very soon the hacking community will fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    Anyone sick of the fact that you have to turn on your phone to know if you have a new message or not..etc... it's annoying and consume battery...can this be fixed with a software update??...i don't get why we don't have indicator light???..
    I'm sick of new threads about the exact same topics as a thousand other threads that already covered it.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    Well, seeing as how we have three lights, if Palm decides to do the notification light, I hope they let us customize which lights light up for certain notifications. For example, missed call, the home button would light up, new email, the two side lights light up, and new text, all three light up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post

I really miss hearing "Treo Alert Pro - Online"
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    Yea that was on my mind the other day! I came from a blackberry bold which had an LED new message indicator and i am so used to that..

maybe palm will introduce that in an update later on where the little center button pulsates to indicate a new message...

Lets all keep our fingers crossed!!
    Is this really that big of an issue? I mean really, if you have the phone with you it's going to make a sound and/or vibrate when you get a message. If you left the phone in another room for awhile, when you pick it back up just hit the power button to glance at the screen then put it back to standby. It only costs you a second of your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    Is this really that big of an issue? I mean really, if you have the phone with you it's going to make a sound and/or vibrate when you get a message. If you left the phone in another room for awhile, when you pick it back up just hit the power button to glance at the screen then put it back to standby. It only costs you a second of your life.
    If you have ever had a blackberry you'd understand how useful this feature could be. Sometimes you'd have the phone sitting there and not hear the notification tone or may want to have have silence yet still know when there is a new notification.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast