Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    You'll forgive the skepticism, but how did you go about activating it?
    If you go to your account online, you can swap phones at Sprint.com, it only took a couple of minutes. The CS rep then comes online with you in a Chat and tells you what to do with your phone. The longest part was the profile setup... which is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    lol lies
    if you were somehow able to activate it the system would of kicked it out within minutes
    You are clueless. What possible benefit do I have to lie?
    hmm, can you post some screen shots?

I wont believe it until I see screen shots of your SERO 500 plan...

edit: I have a free MEID Palm Pre number here (extra Pre phone), and my cousin still has her SERO plan... I can try it myself later today

Your screen shot would help alot though
    Quote Originally Posted by tampashooters View Post
    You are clueless. What possible benefit do I have to lie?
    The internet has a long history of people making less-than-factual claims.

Sprint has a strong history of declaring, among other things, that Sero + Pre =

So, this isn't really about you. It's about a faceless newcomer, represented by an anonymous handle who is making claims that go against conventional wisdom.

If you know something we don't, please continue to share. Otherwise, I hope you'll understand the raised eyebrows.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I bought the Pre a week ago, activated it online on my 1600 minute SERO family plan. I don't have a 500 minute SERO plan. I will take screen shots when I get home.
    Lol you got the ESRP plan and not the original sero plan

Fail

That plan is not sero
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    Get a Moto Razr!
    Sound ridiculous, so is me making a decision for you on two phones that couldnt be more different and for
    different users
    Not that ridiculous, considering tp2 would've been the best phone sero would have to offer, if it's able to be used on that plan. This is also a 2+ week old thread in which I already made my decision awhile ago
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Lol you got the ESRP plan and not the original sero plan

Fail

That plan is not sero
    Fail, it was when I signed up, it later changed names to EPRP.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I converted from SERO to EPRP and so far I don't regret it at all. I'll admit that most of the threads here scared me away from this phone. I thought my phone would have 10 bad pixels, twist like an oreo etc. Granted I've only had the phone for a week but I love it. Pretty solid (so far), awesome OS which is light years ahead of Windows Mobile.

Compared to what you'd pay for the iphone, the plan is still a great deal unless you simply don't use txt.
    I know of many friends who remain on SERO ($30/mo) and refuse to make the jump... even for the PRE... I, after having purchased the Pre on launch day, can't remember life without it...

A question: Can discounts be applied to the ($59/mo) EPRP? I heard that they could not... but if you managed to get a 27% discount on $59, you'd be looking at ~$40.00....
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ntamez View Post
    I converted from SERO to EPRP and so far I don't regret it at all. I'll admit that most of the threads here scared me away from this phone. I thought my phone would have 10 bad pixels, twist like an oreo etc. Granted I've only had the phone for a week but I love it. Pretty solid (so far), awesome OS which is light years ahead of Windows Mobile.

Compared to what you'd pay for the iphone, the plan is still a great deal unless you simply don't use txt.
    Im trying to convert my Family and C plan to EPRP, but im in the middle of a contract. Did you cancel your previous account and get new numbers?

If anyone can provide me some input that would be greatly appreciated. I am currently in a 2000 minute family plan with 5 lines for 140 dollars. 2 lines have a data plan and one line has everything. I am willing to pay more and lose 400 minutes to get on the EPRP for PRE($154 for 5 lines), but I am not willing to pay 1k dollars to cancel all my contracts. I am trying to talk sprint into swapping me, but they're not budging one bit.... Please let me know

Thanks!

oh and I got the pre off ebay
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I was paying under $20 a month with SERO (weird setup made that possible) with a Touch Pro but it's definitely been worth it.

Even though I am paying more than twice as much as before ($45 now), I have a phone I prefer over the iPhone (which I considered getting a few times, despite AT&T's crummy network in SoCal), and I'm paying a lot less than that ripoff AT&T/Apple plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntamez View Post

I have a Fair and Flex family plan with 4 phones running about $105 before all the taxes/fees. My wife and I both have Centros with data/text and my in-laws have basic phones with just shared minutes (no data, not text,...).

I just got off of chatting with Sprint again about upgrading and I can't justify the jump to $169/mnt before all the taxes/fees. I can understand it will cost more for the pre's but why is the cost going from $10 to $20 for each additional line when all the line is, is a basic cellphone with no data/text?

Question: How much does a $169 plan with 4 phones REALLY cost after all the taxes/fees?

F
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    just gonna mention.. sero is possible on the pre.

just like the instinct "requires a 'Simply Everything' rate plan" but it's possible to use the phone without it. CC just wont swap you into the pre without being on the plan to cover their own ***..
    Yes, only a difference of 10 bucks to me and losing 250 mins. So no to bad.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    My father, brother and I have the Everything Data 1500 plan. We each pay approximately $42 after taxes. Mind you, I live in NY so my taxes are ridiculous. I end up paying only $6 more than my old SERO 500 plan. Hard to complain!
    Last edited by sheltem; 07/21/2009 at 04:10 PM.
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
    just gonna mention.. sero is possible on the pre.

just like the instinct "requires a 'Simply Everything' rate plan" but it's possible to use the phone without it. CC just wont swap you into the pre without being on the plan to cover their own ***..
    Interested to see if you can buy the phone online and do the esn swap yourself and keep SERO. Can anyone confirm this can happen?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    Interested to see if you can buy the phone online and do the esn swap yourself and keep SERO. Can anyone confirm this can happen?
    hxxp://mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111278
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    add me to the list of happy campers. my dad, wife, and myself were all on separate sero 500 plans, so we are all on 1 shared plan now. not much diff in price and a ROCKIN phone to go with it!
    After getting a Pre on a new line, I sold my SERO plan online online, then coordinated a 'change of ownership' with Sprint and the new owner. It was a painless process and took less than 5 min over the phone. Anyone can do this and avoid the early termination fees associated w/cancelling. The drag is that you can't port the SERO # back to the Pre and have to go with the new #.

Also, with the 25% Alliant credit union discount, my Everything Data plan is only $52+ month. Considering the included GPS and the utter ball I'm having with the Pre -- dumping the $30 SERO plan was well worth it.

I have the direct dial phone # for the Sprint business office that handles the transfers if anyone is interested.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast