Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It was worth every penny, trust me! I really despised WinMo
    Has anybody else gone from the SERO to the Everything Referral?

I was on the phone with Sprint, they told me they could switch me to Everything Plus Referral 1000 for $79/month, but I had to go to a retail store to get the phone. I was told that retail store employees have been instructed to sell the Pre to people on Everything Plus Referral plans. Its not available yet on Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program

Im going to wait until I can change plans and order the phone with one call.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post

I was on the phone with Sprint, they told me they could switch me to Everything Plus Referral 1000 for $79/month, but I had to go to a retail store to get the phone. I was told that retail store employees have been instructed to sell the Pre to people on Everything Plus Referral plans. Its not available yet on Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program

you my friend have some patience.....
    Well, Im just cheap. Im trying to lessen the increase in monthly service as much as possible.

Plus, I just have a weird feeling if I switch over the phone and go get the phone at a retail store they will give me a problem and tell me I dont have the right plan. It seems a majority of sprint employees dont know what SERO or Everything Plus is.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    my wife and i each had $50 old SERO plans with our moguls, and felt like we were winning. however, i came close to using all my minutes most months while she only used about 200. now we're on the new SERO family plan with 1600 minutes to share for a measly $10/month more. totally worth it.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

i called about a week before pre launch and changed from old SERO to everything plus (new SERO). no problems at all, and got our 2 new pres around 8:15am 6/6.
    I was on sero and they had to change my plan for it to work out with the pre. So far, I made a mistake in doing so because my area is only 1X and my pre does nothing better than my previous phone other than look nicer but with the slow network here I am considering switching back to what I had.
    Yes, except for missing my Sling Box and streaming XM radio, it has been great.
    I switched from SERO 500 to the EPRP 500 over the phone a few days before June 6, then went to my local 3rd party Sprint kiosk and got the Pre on launch day.
    Beautiful phone, needs some OS tweaking, but I don't regret dumping SERO.
    Of course, I just got my new Sprint bill of $94, more than double what I paid with SERO but after this month, the bill will go down.
    I had a very hard time dropping my $30 dollar SERO plan. So I didn't. I just added a new line to my account and I now pay 100 dollars a month for two phones. My plan is to use the SERO plan as a tethered modem. But I may just sober up and dump the old SERO plan since the Pre on is 60 dollar plan is Sooooooo much better than my old Moto Q on the SERO plan.
    It seems a majority of sprint employees dont know what SERO or Everything Plus is.
    For what it is worth I bought my pre on launch day at a Radio Shack (instant rebate) and was fully expecting them to dump me onto the $69 simply everything plan. Apparently since I was a SERO user that wasn't an option and I had to go to the $59 dollar everything plus plan.

I didn't complain.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Great idea to try it on a new line of service for 30 days and then decide.
    I dropped my SERO plan and I will be going on a family plan with 2 other relatives. I can now put my 25% discount on the plan. Total is around $15 more a month since the 3rd line is only 9.95. I am very happy for this price and I can live with the many software bugs that drive me crazy until they are fixed.
    Not that i have SERO but i have an ancient plan that i wouldn't give up and i'm glad i didn't. To me the Pre hasn't lived up to the hype and the many bugs and issues tell me that i made a good decision. The Sprint store by me called to let me know they were back in stock and i told her to give to the next person on the list.

Literally there's a ton of stuff the Pre doesn't do at-the-moment for me to even go with it. I instead got a brand new Treo Pro last week for less than 185 and ESN swapped my 700Wx to it. Loving every minute of the Pro. WinMo gets spit upon a lot, but it works for me.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    i did it, well well worth it. Not just for the Pre but for the BB. I hated all other phones sprint has to offer. HATE. I now have everything data for $69 - 20%, so about $55/mo. Happy.
    $10 more a month on the Everything plus referral 500? Sure, no problem. I was on the SERO 1250 for 49.99, so I did lose 750 minutes, but I never used them all anyway.

Go for it, the Pre rocks hard.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    I'm currently on a family shared plan of 1000 min before 7pm for 2 phones. Primary has free internet, SMS, and pic messaging. All for $40/ month. I'd love to try out the Pre but I'll be making a lot more payment. Do they have a family plan that only adds internet, SMS, pic messaging on one phone. I see most family plans share the same options for both phones.
    I bought my Pre outright on ebay and was able to keep my SERO plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by tampashooters View Post
    You'll forgive the skepticism, but how did you go about activating it?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    The reason I ask is because my sprint store informed me that my phone will likely be in tomorrow, so decision day is quickly approaching. I'm willing to give up the sweet plan if it's worth it - so what do you guys think? Go for the Pre? Or wait for the TP2?
    Get a Moto Razr!
    Sound ridiculous, so is me making a decision for you on two phones that couldnt be more different and for different users
  20. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tampashooters View Post
    lol lies
    if you were somehow able to activate it the system would of kicked it out within minutes
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast