Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From those who remember the not-at-22-month thread, here's how AT&T is handling early upgrades for the iPhone.

Pffft.
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    Well, sprint allows people to get the full $150 after only a year into the contract, so it's pretty good in my opinion
  3.    #3  
    I don't know if you are talking about Premier members. That certainly isn't my experience as a non-premier. I was told that if I upgraded (less than 2 months) early, my only discount would be $75, meaning the phone would cost $474 as opposed to $199 with all the discounts and rebates.

NOT good in my opinion.
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnL_ View Post
    I don't know if you are talking about Premier members. That certainly isn't my experience as a non-premier. I was told that if I upgraded (less than 2 months) early, my only discount would be $75, meaning the phone would cost $474 as opposed to $199 with all the discounts and rebates.

NOT good in my opinion.
    With what AT&T customers pay a month for service on an Iphone ($90-$100 a month) they should be able to get a little extra for that...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts

NOT good in my opinion.
    I don't think that's true. I think you would still get the other $200 in rebates taking you down to $274.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I don't think that's true. I think you would still get the other $200 in rebates taking you down to $274.
    Sprint CS explicitly told me no, and they are not doing early upgrades, period.
    Premier customers are those who pay on time each month for a year, if I am not mistaken. So...
    Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
    With what AT&T customers pay a month for service on an Iphone ($90-$100 a month) they should be able to get a little extra for that...
    I don't know where everyone is getting these prices from. I've been on AT&T for four years, had the iPhone since it came out. I have 2G right now, and it's $65/mo. after fees, etc.

iPhone 3G service starts at $70/mo just like Sprint, you just don't get unlimited text. But if you're smart, you just text via AIM anyhow for free.

Besides, the extra monthly cost of AT&T buys the user much better coverage. I like both phones equally, but AT&T wins hands down for coverage.

-n8
  9. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    yep..they've got more than enough demand for the phone, so why make the floodgates wider?
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  10. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    I don't know where everyone is getting these prices from. I've been on AT&T for four years, had the iPhone since it came out. I have 2G right now, and it's $65/mo. after fees, etc.

iPhone 3G service starts at $70/mo just like Sprint, you just don't get unlimited text. But if you're smart, you just text via AIM anyhow for free.

Besides, the extra monthly cost of AT&T buys the user much better coverage. I like both phones equally, but AT&T wins hands down for coverage.

-n8
    im sorry but id have to say otherwise..at&t coverage sucks compared to sprint
    but this is likely due to where you live in country
    one thing is forsure, sprint's network is faster than at&t regardless of where you are
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    I don't believe its an issue of do we let them upgrade early or not. I think it was due to the limited quantity of phones at launch and thereafter. Sprint would much rather push phones to new and recently ended contract customers, its more profitable.

Grain of salt time... My coworker used to work at AT&T and she said the company takes a loss selling phones at those special prices and doesn't make any real money off of the customer until after the first year of service. If said is true, why would they want to want to allow current customer to upgrade early when they really haven't made much money off of them yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Premier customers are those who pay on time each month for a year, if I am not mistaken. So...
    Not quite:

Sprint Premier
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post

-n8
    Don't know anyone with AIM so that doesn't help me at all... Here I show $90 a month:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I was only a year into my contract and I got the Pre for $199 from BB and I just had to extend my contract by 2 years
    ... I was told that if I upgraded (less than 2 months) early, my only discount would be $75 ...
    I think you meant to say *more* than 2 months early, right?

I think it's nice that Sprint offers the 2 month grace (which I don't think is in the agreement you (we) sign). I guess they have to draw the line somewhere (and you are unfortunately on the wrong side of the line). It will suck if once your current contract is up, that the subsidized price were > $199. I doubt that will be the case since they are competing for your business against iphones and maybe also the Pre on Verizon when you are ready to re-up.

If you don't like the love you are getting from Sprint, I think you can get a 1st generation iPhone for $99 with contract (and either 199 or 299 out of contract). An iphone without a contract could be very appealing, as you could then jump whenever a phone that you really like comes out on any other network!

--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  16.    #16  
    What I meant was, I am within 2 months of being eligible to renew at the full discounted rate (Aug. 1).
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I terminated my AT&T iPhone plan 5 months before the end of the 2-year agreement and they charged me the full $175 ETF. No pro-rating on the iPhone.
    Well with the new iPhone update I heard users are not allowed to update their iPhone for a discount. I could be wrong though.
    12 Months for some and 22 months for others is not bad.

And 12 months at $75 at the minimum.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
    Don't know anyone with AIM so that doesn't help me at all... Here I show $90 a month:
    now how much will it cost to add navigation, MMS, corporate email/messaging, and the the other stuff that is included with Sprint?

Last I tried, it was close to $200 a month.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast