Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    11 month upgrader, here. took a little finagling, but it was worth it.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnL_ View Post
    I don't know if you are talking about Premier members. That certainly isn't my experience as a non-premier. I was told that if I upgraded (less than 2 months) early, my only discount would be $75, meaning the phone would cost $474 as opposed to $199 with all the discounts and rebates.

    NOT good in my opinion.
    Not good? That's the contract you made with Sprint. If it's not good why did you sign it?

    Everybody these days always seems to want to get more than they agreed to for less than they agreed to pay. Don't complain about them because Sprint actually expects you to honor your commitment!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Not good? That's the contract you made with Sprint. If it's not good why did you sign it?

    Everybody these days always seems to want to get more than they agreed to for less than they agreed to pay. Don't complain about them because Sprint actually expects you to honor your commitment!
    Right on brother! Problem with the youth today. Instant gratification or pffffft time.

    +1
  4. #24  
    With Sprint it can be a hit or miss to get an early upgrade. It just depends on who answers...
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
    Don't know anyone with AIM so that doesn't help me at all... Here I show $90 a month:
    You don't need to know anyone with AIM. Just add phone numbers as 'buddies' using the format +12125551234 and you can text message anyone using AIM. Since data is free, that means texting via AIM is free.

    That drops your price $20 right there.

    -n8
  6. #26  
    the point is a case for debate.

    but the example is totally wrong.

    ATT is allowing users who are into contract of 21/22/23/24 months to upgrade fro $199/299. Consider the at least 21 months of iPhone's plan (cheapest $70+tax), any of those users would qualify for Sprint premier customer status and upgrade their phone in just 12 months.
  7. #27  
    To All of you looking to get your full upgrade now. Just call CS and ask when your contract is up. WHen they ask you why you are inquiring just tell them your are looking to switch to ATT for the new iphone and that phrase right there should trigger the Sprint rep to offer you a full rebate and rest your eligabilty on your account.

    It worked for me and my wife so I'm sure it can't hurt to try.

    Best of luck!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnL_ View Post
    From those who remember the not-at-22-month thread, here's how AT&T is handling early upgrades for the iPhone.

    Pffft.
    I'm not familiar with AT&T's upgrade plan, is it 12 months?

    and fwiw, Sprint offers 12 months for people who have paid their $69.99 plan on time for 3 months in a row. I think AT&T's upgrade, not sure of the time line, is also dependent on the plan price.
    Last edited by allthewayhome; 06/17/2009 at 11:50 PM.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    the point is a case for debate.

    but the example is totally wrong.

    ATT is allowing users who are into contract of 21/22/23/24 months to upgrade fro $199/299. Consider the at least 21 months of iPhone's plan (cheapest $70+tax), any of those users would qualify for Sprint premier customer status and upgrade their phone in just 12 months.
    oh, theirs is the same? About 2 years? Are you sure? what is the OP talking about then? lol.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Premier customers are those who pay on time each month for a year, if I am not mistaken. So...
    No, that is not the qualifications. This is from their website:

    If you're a new wireless customer and have been with us for at least six months nd have maintained, for at least three months, a monthly recurring charge of $69.99 on a single line or $99.99 on a shared line, you already qualify. For our existing wireless customers, you qualify if you've maintained a monthly recurring charge of $69.99 on a single line or $99.99 on a shared line for three months, or if you've been our loyal customr fo ten year or more.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnL_ View Post
    Sprint CS explicitly told me no, and they are not doing early upgrades, period.
    Sprint is not the only entity that sells Sprint phones. BestBuy Mobile usually has better deals with renewals. Did you try there at least?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  12. #32  
    PhoneArena says this about the AT&T early upgrade...

    "...there are some conditions. The subsidized pricing is available to those who purchased an iPhone 3G from last July through September and have had a monthly recurring charge (MRC) of at least $100 for the last six months..."

    I like Spint's deal much much better.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Sprint is not the only entity that sells Sprint phones. BestBuy Mobile usually has better deals with renewals. Did you try there at least?
    not that many people knew this was the case. Also, they have had sooooooooooooooo few palm pres. But it's def. worth the wait since they're $125 cheaper there than Sprint for regular 1 year upgraders.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions