1.    #1  
    I had the screen problem where my Pre had white blotches on the bottom of the screen. I didn't really notice it until a few days ago. I just got my new Pre today and everything (knock on wood) seems fine so far.

Now, here is my problem. I already sent in the rebate form for the other Pre that I had. I called up Sprint (Phone Representative) last night and asked them do I have to fill another rebate form or not. She told me because it's the same phone I didn't have to fill another form out.

Today, I went to exchange the problem phone (my old PRE) from where I got it from, the Sprint Store, By The Customer Center. The Manager told me that I would have to send the rebate in again because it is tied to the Serial number, not the phone.

So which is it, do I have to resend the rebate with the new receipt, or will I still get the rebate even though I just exchanged it for a different PRE.

My guess is to believe the Manager and send it in again.

Those who have had to exchange their Pre's in for one reason or another, did you resend in another rebate form?
    Good question. I'd like to know as well. I have 2 dead pixels on mine and a waiting to see if it gets worse or not before I do anything.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I went into the Sprint store yesterday and got a new Pre to replace the first one with a crack. They gave me a new rebate form and receipt because the new phone IS a new ESN and IMEI, etcetc...

I believe what will happen (if you don't fill out the second rebate) is that they will check their system and find that the original Pre was returned and that the rebate would be voided because of that.

To lessen your worries, just do a new one. I will be.
    Thanks for posting this. I was wondering about this also. Sadly I'm still waiting on a replacement after over a week cause my sprint store over here is full of incompetent people. I haven't filled out the rebate yet, so I guess I'll continue to wait.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I sent in my rebate form before exchanging my Pre too. The in-store rep told me I would probably need a new rebate form, but he wasn't sure. He gave me one just in case. He said "Might as well send it in too, and if they'll honor one of them."

I figure its worth the extra stamp.
    I wait to send in rebate forms until after the return period and I am sure I am going to keep the device I have. That way there's no confusion.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah, they won't even process it until the phone has been active for 30 days. They don't want people turning in the rebate, and then returning the phone and pocketing the mail-in rebate.

Just be sure to mail it in before the expiration date.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    How is the rebate form tied to anything? I don't remember entering any phone specific information.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    The receipt that you submitted with the rebate has the serial number of the phone on it.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Ah ok, makes sense. The top right of my screen is squeaky (you can push on it and moves).....its extremely annoying while making phone calls and seems to be getting worse. I think I need to exchange mine....2nd rebate form here I come!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I exchanged my phone.. they did an purchase a new one a return the old one.. suppose to be full refund.. anyhow on the rebate I sent in both packing slips and a note that the phones were exchanged with all the old and new information.. I am sure they will still screw it up..
    I have not sent my rebate in either and I just exchanged my original for a replacement. All i received with the replacement was the box it came in and that was it. No receipt or anything... So, when I send the rebate what info should I include ?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence97 View Post
    I have not sent my rebate in either and I just exchanged my original for a replacement. All i received with the replacement was the box it came in and that was it. No receipt or anything... So, when I send the rebate what info should I include ?
    You need to go to that store and get a receipt from them for your 2nd Pre. I'm sure all the info is on your account.

I exchanged mine, and the manager there told me to send in another rebate with my NEW receipt (the one for my 2nd Pre).
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    New rebate form and a copy of your new receipt with device serial number. that's all there is to it. MUST send it if you want your money.
    Thats seriously annpoying. I have to return my Pre but my rebate is 58% done...startting all over..****in A.
    Do i need a copy of my receipt or the real one?