Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    In the middle of a Business call with a customer i got my first " dropped call: signal faded alert." Honestly I dont know now if i could use this as a business tool until palm or sprint get these reception or service issues ironed out. My blackberry bold has never dropped a call this entire year (and im not exaggerating).

I also has trouble getting onto the web for an hour today......

Does anyone really feel that a software update can help these issues?

I really like this phone alot and would hate to give it back due to poor service.

see attached screen capture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mmm208; 06/17/2009 at 05:06 PM.
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    tip: remove the number
    And after you dropped his call, you splashed his number all over the net..nice..lol
    tip: get an Airave or hack the prefs to force it to roam and you will be fine.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Mine drops a lot of calls, actually. I was making an important call to Volkswagen regarding my Jetta. Nope. Call dropped. Slightly frustrated. Also, as you can see in the picture, I have nearly perfect signal quality. Averaging between 4 and 5 bars here in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i hear that this happens to alot of people, but this has never ever happened to me. strange.
    This happens to me all the time. However, it was the same with my treo 700wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by pKevin View Post
    Mine drops a lot of calls, actually. I was making an important call to Volkswagen regarding my Jetta. Nope. Call dropped. Slightly frustrated. Also, as you can see in the picture, I have nearly perfect signal quality. Averaging between 4 and 5 bars here in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
    I also live in the Twin Cities. I commute from St Paul to Burnsville everyday and travel around other parts of the city quite often. I have only had a call or two dropped on my Pre since I have had it (got in in July). There was one spot on 94 that had some hand-off issues and I would drop the call with my Touch Pro, but that has since been remedied. I wonder if it worth taking the phone into Sprint and having them run a diagnostic on it. You shouldn't be dropping calls that much. Sprints network in the Minneapolis/St Paul metro is pretty rock solid. At least in my experience.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    don't mind the indoor reception too much there's nothing that can be done. reception is excellent when outside away from buildings, trees and hills.
    It happens to me all the time. The phone capabilities are my least favorite part about the PRE Can't do airave, have no wireless out here, I'll check out the roam hack.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post
    In the middle of a Business call with a customer i got my first " dropped call: signal faded alert." Honestly I dont know now if i could use this as a business tool until palm or sprint get these reception or service issues ironed out. My blackberry bold has never dropped a call this entire year (and im not exaggerating).

I also has trouble getting onto the web for an hour today......

Does anyone really feel that a software update can help these issues?

I really like this phone alot and would hate to give it back due to poor service.

see attached screen capture
    So you have gotten one dropped call which could be due to any number of things, but the world has come to an end? Does that pretty much sum up things? Seriously..... go to AT&T, they advertise fewer dropped calls....
    Haven't had a single dropped call since I started using my Pre on June 6. My wife's Treo 650 drops calls every now and then when I'm talking to her, but I don't think that's my Pre's fault.

Funny thing is, my office is full of iPhone users, and they complain quite often about dropped calls.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    It all depends on where you live. So far the Pre has had to weakest connection of all my phone I ever had from Sprint. I never had dropped/faded calls until I had the Pre. Seems like Mr. Rubinstein also cloned the weak signal functionality of the iPhone and adopted it into the Pre.

Hopefully it will improve or get fixed via future updates