Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lets hear your stories showing off your shiny new Palm Pre to others.

I showed mine to 2 iPhone people at work and they loved it. Main thing they loved is the cards, and multitasking. Both of them said, man I wish the iPhone could do that.

Then another that's looking to get an iPhone and he's not to sure now :P He liked the multitasking and how it pulls in email, contacts. He liked the multitouch, alerts at the bottom of the screen. He loved it.

Then a few friends. Everyone I've shown it to is amazed by it.

Do you guys have a preset demonstration you go threw to show others? lol
    Or just let them test it out?

I like to at least show how the cards are live, and how you can turn to phone upside down and it rotates and even in card view. Then how the contacts, e-mail, messenger works.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Everyone I have shown it to has loved it, but they all needed a quick lesson, it's not nearly as *****-ready as the iphone, but when they realize how much more it can do, everyone understands (like a machine with 45 buttons can generally do more than a machine with 5). But from multitasking, to quality of the pictures, to how fast it can take photos in action... Now we just need some great apps to really let this puppy shine!
    my iphone friends act a bit uneasy around my phone. lol. one showed me that his could play movies as a form of defense.
    My iphone friends are also uneasy...one of them turns on an app that makes shotgun noises with the way he moves his iphone. Really productive I must say...Makes me want an iphone so bad
    Last edited by kentuckywildcats; 06/17/2009 at 04:32 PM.
    Everyone I have shown loves it besides the 2 people I have shown that have iphones. They are really hesitant to even look at it. One just repeats that nothing will ever be as good as the iphone.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Everyone i have showed my pre to was very impressed and the ones with iphones always seemed to have to defend their iphone or talk down about sprint service.
    Well, everyone asked me what phone was worth getting up a 6 in the morning to get and I showed them. They were so amazed at the features and the size of it and when I showed them how it charges on the Touch Stone the flipped out. The people I showed it to are mainly blackberry and iphone people so to get responses like that felt great.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I've shown it to people I know who don't know what hulu is yet. I am waiting till (hopefully the first update next week) flash is supported before I show it to people who know what hulu is.

So far...general consensus...chicks like the mirror on the back/sexy style...kids like the full kbd...moms like facebook integration...geeks like the browser...non-contract folks like the price

and people pick up the swipes very quickly!

Also I usually talk during the slight delay when opening cards so they don't realize it is there (also hope they fix that in the first update).

Love the Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    I've shown it to people I know who don't know what hulu is yet. I am waiting till (hopefully the first update next week) flash is supported before I show it to people who know what hulu is.

So far...general consensus...chicks like the mirror on the back/sexy style...kids like the full kbd...moms like facebook integration...geeks like the browser...non-contract folks like the price

and people pick up the swipes very quickly!

Also I usually talk during the slight delay when opening cards so they don't realize it is there (also hope they fix that in the first update).

Love the Pre!
    That's what my story...
    Some of my iCrap friends don't like it when people around us seem to like my Pre over the iPhone they have...hahaha, lmao, that makes my day
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Most of my friends with iPhone are happy for the competition, but they won't budge from their iPhone simply because it integrates with their lifestyle and their predominantly Apple households. Ease of use, being on the forefront, and pure status appeal keeps them on their phone.

I don't blame them, as casual pc users - I can see why they would like to keep their existing phones.

I tend to lean towards gadgets that integrate well with both PC and Mac as I own and regularly use both sides. That - and anything that isn't on ATT.
    Quote Originally Posted by NBENZ View Post
    Everyone i have showed my pre to was very impressed and the ones with iphones always seemed to have to defend their iphone or talk down about sprint service.
    Same thing here and they also say well now the iPhone is $99. Blah blah blah, it is not as good .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Same thing here and they also say well now the iPhone is $99. Blah blah blah, it is not as good .
    You need the total contract price available as a comeback to that one.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus1882 View Post
    Everyone I have shown loves it besides the 2 people I have shown that have iphones. They are really hesitant to even look at it. One just repeats that nothing will ever be as good as the iphone.
    That's the exact mentality (attitude?) that keeps the Mac mouse from having more than one button. LOL

Full disclosure: I have a mac and pc's.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    My name is gk1118 and I'm a PC.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Usually when I show it to people I help them out a little bit. Usually just bringing up the menu and have them open a couple apps and show how they can switch between them. They don't necessarily "freak out" by it, but like wow, that makes a lot of sense. The "gesture area" still seems to confuse most.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The touchstone really is a big hit. I also show them Pandora, which I know you can get on other phones but I don't tell them that. I also show the photo quality, which I am absolutely amazed by myself.
    i like to show the calendar synergy with work and personal together or separate.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You need the total contract price available as a comeback to that one.
    Yeah, the AT&T contract price is a minger. And people were complaining about the Pre's everything plans...palease.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    not ONE person has said they did not like the pre. couple of my buddies with iphones just LOVE to see my phone whenever we meet up with eachother
    i'm in canada, and schools going to be closed when i get mine, so less people to show it off to.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast