Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My friend was sold immediately.

He told me to browse to voyeurweb. I did and let him access his account. He was very impressed with the browser.

Then I got a call. I said just hit the middle button and hand it to me.

I took the call and when done handed it back and told him to flip through cards to get back to where he was.

SOLD.
    Women love this phone. I've had numerous women tell me they are buying one.

No woman EVER liked my treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGator View Post
    My friend was sold immediately.

He told me to browse to voyeurweb. I did and let him access his account. He was very impressed with the browser.

Then I got a call. I said just hit the middle button and hand it to me.

I took the call and when done handed it back and told him to flip through cards to get back to where he was.

SOLD.
    It should be noted that with the iPhone 3.0 software update the iPhone now does the same thing when you get a call, when the call is over you're put back into the app you were in.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NDPTAL85 View Post
    And as usual Palm Pre fans miss the point.

A screwed up mobile site input field is not the fault of the iPhone.
    sure , apple fanboy,
    FYI,
    ther e are cou ple of exter nal batte ries availa ble for p re.

We alway s miss the poin t that SPRIN G is selling an in ferior p hone.

take it easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    sure , apple fanboy,
    FYI,

take it easy.
    Re the batteries,

Good to know.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    It should be noted that with the iPhone 3.0 software update the iPhone now does the same thing when you get a call, when the call is over you're put back into the app you were in.
    We get it. You like the iPhone. Congrats. And just so you know, I have no complaints about battery life anymore. After about a week my battery has been just fine. And once I get a backup battery so I can swap them I will have NO concerns. The iPhone is a great device but it is not the only device that exists.
    My friend plays with my phone whenever he seems me, his reaction when he first started messing with my phone was pure excitement all he kept mumbling was "iphone is not f'n with this" it even draws reactions from girls walking by they always say "let me get your phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    sure , apple fanboy,
    FYI,

take it easy.
    Sorry to get off topic, but this is a pet peeve of mine, why do people keep calling SPRINT, SPRING? There is NO "G" in SPRINT! I guess it bothers me because SPRING is an MVNO for AT&T so I wonder if people think sprint is that crappy MVNO... That is all!
    Quote Originally Posted by verno329 View Post
    We get it. You like the iPhone. Congrats. And just so you know, I have no complaints about battery life anymore. After about a week my battery has been just fine. And once I get a backup battery so I can swap them I will have NO concerns. The iPhone is a great device but it is not the only device that exists.
    I never said the iPhone is the only device that exists, but since we're suddenly in the habit of saying pointless things here goes my turn. The Palm Pre is a great device but it is not the only device that exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    Sorry to get off topic, but this is a pet peeve of mine, why do people keep calling SPRINT, SPRING? There is NO "G" in SPRINT! I guess it bothers me because SPRING is an MVNO for AT&T so I wonder if people think sprint is that crappy MVNO... That is all!
    I think he was mocking my orignial post in this thread that had some grammatical issues due to a forum burp, and he assumed it was because I was typing it on my iPhone.

Or at least I hope thats what he's doing....
    I think he was mocking my orignial post in this thread that had some grammatical issues due to a forum burp, and he assumed it was because I was typing it on my iPhone.

Or at least I hope thats what he's doing....
    I think that is what it was in this post, but I have seen it countless other times. So I was just curious whether people were just making typos or if they genuinely believe that Sprint is called Spring.
    In 2007 the Pre didn't exist. In fact an argument could be made that since Rubenstein helped develop the iPhone that if it didn't come out the Pre would never have been made either. That being said the iPhone's only competitors were Windows Mobile, Symbian, and Blackberry OS. Not really much competition when you think about it.

Its the difference between features for features sake, and whatever you have being really well done. I think the Pre gets the balance almost as well as the iPhone does, but they crossed the line by instituting multi-tasking at this moment in time as it clearly has a hugely negative effect on battery life and memory management.
    Well:

- You're not forced to run multiple apps.
    - WinMo had been multiprocessing for years.
    - BB has been multiprocessing for years.

Clearly then:

you have decided to take the position that the world or technology is not ready for multiprocessing simply (and rather sheepishly) because Apple isn't allowing it.

Loyalty has it's place, but in this arena you may get left behind.

Anyone remember the days when apple refused to make MacOS a fully preemptive multitasking OS. If I recall that was also about the time Apple was in its declining years. Nothing like not learning from one's mistakes.
    They didn't refuse. It just wasn't ready yet. Both Apple and Microsoft took years to come up with OS X and XP respectively. MS came out with preemptive multitasking early with Win95/98 but it led to grave stability issues. Same issues WinMO and BB have with multiprocessing. On the Pre its different. Its not a stability issue but a battery life and lack of enough memory to keep opening more and more apps issue. If you're satisfied with those compromises then obviously the Pre works well for you.
    They didn't refuse. It just wasn't ready yet. Both Apple and Microsoft took years to come up with OS X and XP respectively. MS came out with preemptive multitasking early with Win95/98 but it led to grave stability issues. Same issues WinMO and BB have with multiprocessing. On the Pre its different. Its not a stability issue but a battery life and lack of enough memory to keep opening more and more apps issue. If you're satisfied with those compromises then obviously the Pre works well for you.
    Why are you even here? This thread is about your experience showing your Pre off, there's plenty of other threads for your purposes.
    Multiprocessing has always been difficult. Even on desktops, minis and larger computers. What would you deem, "ready"?

Speaking strictly pragmatically, the pre and it's multiprocessing have been working quite well for me. At 8:30 last night, after a day of use, my battery was down to 50%. Quite frankly, the battery issue has been overrated.

Moreover, there are things in these phones which have much greater impact on battery than multiprocessing; e.g. all the radios & the screen backlightling. From a power budget stand point, the draw of power by the processor, even at peek, can be far less than the draw of power to transmit over a radio.

But again, if someone is that concerned about power draw due to multitasking, that person can simply decide to never run more than one app at a time. It would be an interesting experiment to try for a few days but I predict that the outcome will be negligible.
    Good point I'll go look for some other threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.Sevens View Post
    Why are you even here? This thread is about your experience showing your Pre off, there's plenty of other threads for your purposes.
    He must feel the need to defend the almighty iphone against those who clearly want another (arguably better) option.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    What battery issues? As most people have stated on the forum, the batteries seem to have a break in period. After 5 charge cycles or so, the phone has the same battery life as just about all other smart phones (iphone included). As more memory issues, I think the only time people have gotten the "memory full" message is when they are really pushing the phone. I've had 5 cards open including a couple web pages with no effect.
  19. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    sir,
    I was being funny with NDPTAL85.

go back to NDPTAL85 thread about how good he typed using his iPhone.
    He typed SPRING instead of SPRINT, or may be that excellent iPhone auto correction at hard work.
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I think that is what it was in this post, but I have seen it countless other times. So I was just curious whether people were just making typos or if they genuinely believe that Sprint is called Spring.
    may be all the mistakes are from the iPhone
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast